Suggestions for applied physics in europe

In summary: Thanks for considering.In summary, the individual is looking for a program that is similar to the one they saw on the website, but is more affordable. The individual also has an IELTS score of 6.5.
badri89
Hi all,

First of all to give a background about myself I am having a bachelors in Electronics and Comm Engineering from India with 2+ years of experience in control systems, embedded systems and vlsi.

I would like to pursue my masters in applied physics and would like to go for either semiconductor physics or optics for my research.

Though I went through a lots of programs I found the following particularly interesting:

http://www.uio.no/english/studies/programmes/physics-master/programme-options/electronics/structure/

But the problem is they want to show bank statements at the time of applying itself, While I was planning to take an educational loan after getting an admission. So showing a bank statement before my admission is not practically feasible for me.

I was so curious about this program because it touches the places where I really worked including sensors, embedded systems and on top of it the semiconductor physics where I really wanted to go for.

I wasnt able to find a program as comparable as to this after hours of searching. Either the costs are pretty high for me or the problem is masters in physics degrees are available but the probability that they would take me in considering the fact I worked in embedded systems, measurements and sensors would be a factor of hindrance when considering my application. So I am in a fix.

So could anyone suggest me some universities in europe like the program suggested above? While my ultimate aim is to go in the line of semiconductor physics or optics( which I have not decided yet).

And finally my overall IELTS score is of 6.5.

Thanks and Regards!

Physics news on Phys.org
Just a quick tip. Take a look at Jakobs University in germany. U study in english and you can even get scolarship.

Thanks for the suggestion arbrixv. But the program looks too costly and its like almost 33,000 euros per year including all expenses. But were you suggesting the Integrated program in physics?

If you would be OK with studying in german than there may be a lot of well opportunities for you here in Austria where the tuition fees are low (700 euro/semester). But you will have to effort your living costs yourself.

Yes thanks for your suggestion arbrixv. Well I don't know even the abc of German anyways I'll look into Austria if any english taught programs are available.

Hi.

Can you get a statement from the bank (or otherwise loan provider) that you will get a loan if accepted? I would think that would get accepted as documentation of financing, but sending a mail to a study counselor and asking would be adviced.

Does this look interesting? http://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/o.o.i.s?id=24725&lukas_id=NAFYK.FOTO (except that I noticed it had a tuition fee :eek:)

Thanks a lot Gullik I will try as you suggested. Yeah the tuition fees is again there for non EEA. Anyways, I will mail them. I will first get a statement from the bank.

This should work out for you.

Likes 1 person

Related to Suggestions for applied physics in europe

1. What is the current state of applied physics research in Europe?

The current state of applied physics research in Europe is very strong, with many countries such as Germany, France, and the UK being leaders in the field. European universities and research institutions are known for their high-quality research and collaboration with industry.

2. What are some recent advancements in applied physics in Europe?

Some recent advancements in applied physics in Europe include the development of new materials for renewable energy, advancements in medical imaging technology, and the use of quantum technology for computing and communication.

3. How does Europe compare to other regions in terms of applied physics research?

Europe is considered to be one of the top regions for applied physics research, alongside the United States and Asia. European countries have strong collaborations with other regions and have a diverse range of research specialties.

4. What are some key challenges facing applied physics research in Europe?

Some key challenges facing applied physics research in Europe include securing funding for research projects, addressing gender and diversity imbalances in the field, and staying at the forefront of emerging technologies.

5. What steps can be taken to promote and support applied physics research in Europe?

To promote and support applied physics research in Europe, it is important to invest in research infrastructure, provide funding opportunities for early career researchers, foster collaborations between academia and industry, and promote diversity and inclusion in the field.