Study Tips for Physics Tests: Overcome Low Scores & Improve Grades

In summary, I'm now enrolled in a class that talks about charge, electric field, magnetic field, and inductance. I really need help on how to study smart for physics test. I've been studying physics for 2 weeks until the test. Every time I took it, I still get the low scores on the test. The teacher give me a problem that'll make me confused and tricked me on the test. I need the ways to overcome this.I have tried the following study ways: -Tutoring-Doing my best to try and understand all the concepts by going all over the notes and go on internet to research on specific topics that I
blackbyron
Hello, I'm now enrolled in a class that talks about charge, electric field, magnetic field, and inductance. I really need help on how to study smart for physics test. I've been studying physics for 2 weeks until the test. Every time I took it, I still get the low scores on the test. The teacher give me a problem that'll make me confused and tricked me on the test. I need the ways to overcome this.

I have an expressive language and receptive language disorder, and maybe that affects my learning because of language barrier.

Here's are the study ways I have tried so far.
I had tutoring, but not much help on the test.
I did my best to try and understand all the concepts by going all over the notes and go on internet to research on specific topics that I don't understand.
I tried to do hard practice problems and make sure I understand it.
I made sure that I don't study the wrong material.
I tried to follow somebody's study plan who got better grades than.

None of them have helped me to improve my grade. I'm expecting an B or A. I get D's, C's.

Anyhelp will be appreciated it.

Physics news on Phys.org
are your grades based on exams or course work so to speak. Some people just freak at exams and then its more about learning how to calm yourself.

If its the other do you feel like you understand things after revising or taking notes, i found that i would put key equations or basic notes i needed to remember i put on post its and note cards all over my walls

tashalustig said:
are your grades based on exams or course work so to speak. Some people just freak at exams and then its more about learning how to calm yourself.

If its the other do you feel like you understand things after revising or taking notes, i found that i would put key equations or basic notes i needed to remember i put on post its and note cards all over my walls

My grades are based on labs, homework, and tests.

Homework I understand it, labs = okay, test --> not really
HW 25%
labs 15%
tests 60%
I feel like I understand most of of things. My teacher allows me to have 2 page of cheat notes on the test. I put down all formulas, all basic concepts, and some practice problems. Still, I don't understand why I'm not getting the grade I deserve. Making mistakes that I don't know on the test puts me off. I need a way to overcome this.

What helped me was to write ALL givens in the problem. When they gave me the charge on the capacitor, I would circle it, then continue reading the problem. After I finished reading the problem, I would write down everything I circled and tried to see what the problem wanted me to, after I see what the problem wanted me to do, I'd write down the equation that would fit.

If you write down all the givens from the problems on the test,along with the relevant equations, then it'll be hard to be tricked!

Good luck.

Hi there,

I understand that you are struggling with your physics tests and are looking for ways to improve your grades. I can offer some tips and strategies that may help you overcome your low scores.

Firstly, it's important to understand that physics is a subject that requires both conceptual understanding and problem-solving skills. So, it's not just about memorizing equations and formulas, but also understanding how and why they work. With that in mind, here are some suggestions for studying smart for your physics tests:

1. Start early and be consistent: Two weeks may not be enough time to fully grasp all the concepts and skills required for a physics test. It's important to start studying early and be consistent with your efforts. This will give you enough time to review and practice, and also allow for any potential roadblocks or challenges.

2. Understand the basics: Physics is built upon a few fundamental principles and concepts. Make sure you have a solid understanding of these basics before moving on to more complex topics. If you are struggling with a particular concept, try to find different explanations or examples online or consult with your teacher or tutor.

3. Practice, practice, practice: As the saying goes, practice makes perfect. Make sure you are practicing a variety of problems, both easy and difficult ones, to improve your problem-solving skills. This will also help you identify any gaps in your understanding and give you a chance to work on them.

4. Use different resources: Don't limit yourself to just your class notes and textbooks. Look for other resources such as online videos, practice quizzes, and interactive simulations to supplement your learning. These can provide different perspectives and help you understand the material better.

5. Ask for help: Don't hesitate to reach out to your teacher or tutor if you are struggling with a particular concept or problem. They are there to help you and can offer valuable insights and guidance.

In addition to these general tips, I would also suggest considering your learning style. As you mentioned, you have a language disorder which may affect your learning. You may find it helpful to use visual aids, diagrams, and charts to understand the material better. You can also try explaining the concepts to someone else or teaching them to yourself out loud to reinforce your understanding.

Lastly, remember to stay positive and don't get discouraged by your grades. Keep working hard and seeking help when needed, and I'm sure you will see improvement over time. I wish you all the best in

Related to Study Tips for Physics Tests: Overcome Low Scores & Improve Grades

1. What are some general study tips for preparing for a physics test?

Some general study tips for preparing for a physics test include: reviewing class notes and lecture material, completing practice problems, creating flashcards for key concepts, studying in a quiet and distraction-free environment, and seeking help from a teacher or tutor if needed.

2. How can I improve my understanding of difficult physics concepts?

To improve your understanding of difficult physics concepts, you can try breaking them down into smaller, more manageable parts, using visual aids such as diagrams and graphs, seeking help from a teacher or tutor, and practicing with different types of problems related to the concept.

3. How can I effectively manage my time while studying for a physics test?

To effectively manage your time while studying for a physics test, it can be helpful to create a study schedule and stick to it, prioritize studying for topics that you find most challenging, and take breaks to avoid burnout.

4. Are there any specific strategies for taking a physics test?

Some specific strategies for taking a physics test include reading through all the questions and instructions carefully, starting with the easier questions and moving on to more difficult ones, showing all your work and steps in solving problems, and reviewing your answers before submitting.

5. What should I do if I don't understand a question on the physics test?

If you don't understand a question on the physics test, it's important to stay calm and not panic. You can try re-reading the question and breaking it down into smaller parts, using any available resources such as your notes or textbook, and asking the teacher for clarification if necessary.