Split my own derailment. was: Worst web sites, ever

• Thread starter enigma
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Split Web
In summary: But I'm going to go back to lurking now.In summary, Enigma is talking about a girl he's interested in and how he's been playing strip poker with her and losing badly. He's also been talking about her a lot and is starting to make his friends sick of him. He's also nervous about calling her. He got a voicemail and left a message. He's undecided on what type of pasta he prefers.
enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
If you're not yourself, then who else are you? And what have you done with yourself?! Are multiple personalities part of being an enigma? http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/ani_smiles.gif

:smile:

You know perfectly well what's going on that's making me a little loopy today, Moonbear.

Shame on you for picking on me :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
enigma said:
You know perfectly well what's going on that's making me a little loopy today, Moonbear.

Shame on you for picking on me :biggrin:

And are you going to give an update or share with the rest of the folks here so I don't have to be so cryptic in my replies? :biggrin:

So, Enigma... what's new?

I got a girl's phone number. Tee hee. She's got amazing blue eyes.

I won't go into too much detail because I've been talking about her so much, I'm making my friends sick of me, and to be honest I'm starting to sicken myself. Needless to say, I'm a horrible poker player.

It's too early to say how it'll go, but there is definite potential there.

I feel like I'm in 8th grade...

Yeah. Back to your regularly scheduled discussion of worst websites ever. Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.

enigma said:

I won't go into too much detail because I've been talking about her so much, I'm making my friends sick of me, and to be honest I'm starting to sicken myself. Needless to say, I'm a horrible poker player.

So, now that you have her number, have you called her? Or do we need to resurrect the "Girl Trouble" thread to remind you of things like that? :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
enigma said:

So, now that you have her number, have you called her? Or do we need to resurrect the "Girl Trouble" thread to remind you of things like that? :biggrin:
Call her!? He's been playing strip poker with her ... and losing badly, it would seem. :blushing:

BobG said:
Call her!? He's been playing strip poker with her ... and losing badly, it would seem. :blushing:

Yeah, yeah, he's doing that on purpose. See what happens? He gets a haircut and suddenly the ladies discover he's got dashing good looks and can't keep their hands off him!

Moonbear said:
So, now that you have her number, have you called her?

Uhm. Ya. Working up the nerve to do that right now.

And now back to your regularly scheduled derailment.

EDIT: Did I just make the same joke twice? Bleh. *logs off to make a phone call*

enigma said:
Uhm. Ya. Working up the nerve to do that right now.

Nerve? :bugeye: From what you told me, she was probably sitting by the phone all day yesterday waiting for you to call. By today, she was probably calling the phone company to make sure her phone was still connected. What are we going to do with you? http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/rolleye/rolleye10.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear said:
Nerve? :bugeye: From what you told me, she was probably sitting by the phone all day yesterday waiting for you to call. By today, she was probably calling the phone company to make sure her phone was still connected. What are we going to do with you? http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/rolleye/rolleye10.gif
[/URL]

10 lashes with a wet noodle, apparently.

Got voicemail.

Last edited by a moderator:
enigma said:
10 lashes with a wet noodle, apparently.

Okay, do you prefer spaghetti or linguini? :smile:

Got voicemail.

And did you leave a message? :-p

Moonbear said:
Okay, do you prefer spaghetti or linguini? :smile:

Depends on the sauce

And did you leave a message? :-p

Yes'm.

enigma said:
Yes'm.

Very good, here's a cookie. :approve:

Yay. Managed to do the split without deleting anything.

Score.

enigma said:
Yay. Managed to do the split without deleting anything.

Score.

:smile: I was wondering what you were doing there! Good thing Evo is sick in bed and not witnessing what you were doing to her nice tidy forum. :smile:

Yeah, I fully expect another 10 lashes once she gets better.

Excellent! Now I don't have to decide what type!

enigma said:

Don't worry, I'll remind her. I thought thread derailment was required in GD. :biggrin:

enigma said:

Evo may be sick but she senses when things are being tampered with. :biggrin:

Enigma, you are such a hottie, I'm glad for you! :approve:

Evo said:

Now listen here you...

Straight to bed. No arguing. Don't make me get the duct tape.

*brandishes roll of duct tape menacingly*

Just because you're able to lurk anonymously from most people doesn't mean that I can't see you.

*shakes roll of duct tape again*

I'll use it, I will. To BED, missy.

oh... and... more of calling me a hottie. I kinda like that. :cool:

Evo said:

Now see what you've done! Evo's supposed to be getting her rest, and you're setting off her "mom" alarms!

enigma said:
Now listen here you...

Just because you're able to lurk anonymously from most people doesn't mean that I can't see you.

You tell her! If the duct tape doesn't work, we still have those furry handcuffs around. :biggrin:

P.S., Evo, I can't see you when you're invisible, but I can still count heads! There are 9 members here and only 7 are visible, I know you're not in bed where you're supposed to be!

Last edited:
enigma said:
Now listen here you...

I'm too weak to resist. I'm between PF and watching "Mummy Autopsy" on the Discovery Channel, "Deadly Women" is next. :biggrin:

You ARE a HOTTIE! :!) :!)

Moonbear said:
You tell her! If the duct tape doesn't work, we still have those furry handcuffs around. :biggrin:
Oooh, kinky. :wink:

P.S., Evo, I can't see you when you're invisible, but I can still count heads! There are 9 members here and only 7 are visible, I know you're not in bed where you're supposed to be!
I AM in bed! My laptop is in bed with me. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:

Oh dear. Now we've got handcuffs, duct tape, and noodles used as whips.

Now I need to go retrieve my mind. Where did it go... where did it go...

Ah crap!

*sound of running*

*puff, puff*

Nope. Couldn't catch it in time. Fell down the gutter. Gone now.

enigma said:
Oh dear. Now we've got handcuffs, duct tape, and noodles used as whips.

Now I need to go retrieve my mind. Where did it go... where did it go...

Ah crap!

*sound of running*

*puff, puff*

Nope. Fell down the gutter. Gone now.

That's what happens when you start hanging out in GD again. :biggrin: According to Gokul, if you wave your mouse over the GD forum from the main page, but don't actually click on it, it's good for picking up all the sanity left on the doorstep, or something like that. :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
Now see what you've done! Evo's supposed to be getting her rest, and you're setting off her "mom" alarms!
More like sensing a disturbance in the force. :biggrin:

Evo said:
More like sensing a disturbance in the force. :biggrin:

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that ability to sense the disturbance is activated by pregnancy hormones. Those of us who are still childless just don't have that sense.

BTW - Enigma, my mind was in the gutter on the first mention of noodles. I guess I didn't have as far to fall.

Yay.

I have a date for the weekend. Going to go out with some friends and stuff. Don't know exactly what yet. :biggrin:

enigma said:
Yay.

I have a date for the weekend. Going to go out with some friends and stuff. Don't know exactly what yet. :biggrin:
Yay Enigma! :approve:

enigma said:
Yay.

Woo hoo! enigma has a Valentine's date! Way to go!

Hey, while we're on the subject of derailing threads :smile: ...

Didn't Russ recently mention he had a lead on a woman to ask out? What's the scoop on that Russ? You owe it to the PF women to keep us posted on your eligibility status. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Woo hoo! enigma has a Valentine's date! Way to go!

Oh crap. It is Valentine's weekend, isn't it?

I may need to rethink this...

enigma said:
Oh crap. It is Valentine's weekend, isn't it?

I may need to rethink this...

Yes, it's Valentine's weekend. And, no, no rethinking, other than you should plan to make reservations if you're going out somewhere since most places will be pretty booked. You don't want to suddenly leave her without a Valentine's date. It also makes it easy to call her after the date...you can call her on Monday to wish her a happy Valentine's day or drop by with some chocolate. Then you're off the hook for a whole year to win her over before you make the blunder of forgetting it's Valentine's day. :biggrin:

Great planning, Moonbear! This makes the post-date follow-up so easy!

We're going out with some friends (about 8 people) Friday to the resteraunt where my brother tends bar.

Should I seriously be thinking about this? I mean... for starters... I abso-****ing-lutely hate Valentine's Day with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

A more realistic reason (considering what I think doesn't affect public opinion much) is that I don't exactly think we're to that point of seriousness yet. Isn't it a kinda bad move to go all with the Valentine and the lovey-dovey out right at the beginning when you're still feeling each other out (so to speak :redface: )? I've only gotten to talk to her (without friends present) for about a half hour...

We're going with mutual friends, and I'm going to be meeting her there, so any sort of gift would most likely embarass her unless it is something easily pocketable.

:cry: I'm so clueless.