Solving the Gameboy DS or Advance Conundrum

• Thread starter Nothing000
  • Start date
In summary, the person was reminiscing about Mario games and realized they had never played Mario 64. They wanted to find a way to play it without purchasing a Nintendo 64 and discovered it was re-released for the Gameboy, but they accidentally bought the wrong version. They then ask about the compatibility of DS games with the Gamecube and PSP and provide a link for potentially finding a ROM for the game.
Nothing000
Ah man. I was thinking about all the great times I have had playing mario games when I was younger, and I was wishing that there was a new super mario brothers adventure game that I had not played yet, and I realized that I have never played Mario 64. Everyone says that is the best one too.
I have a GameCube, but no Nintendo 64. So I thought about how I could play this game without purchasing a 64, and I read that they re-released this game on the game boy. So I went to ebay to buy one of those add on pieces of hardware that allows you to play gameboy games on your gamecube. So I won the auction, and I just realized that this mario game is for the gameboy DS, not the gameboy ADVANCE!
I don't want it now. What do I do?

Physics news on Phys.org
DS games look like they fit into the memory card slot. Are DS games compatible with Gamecube?

What about the PSP?

What about it?

Are DS games compatible with Gamecube?

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Solving the Gameboy DS or Advance Conundrum

1. How do I solve the Gameboy DS or Advance Conundrum?

To solve the Gameboy DS or Advance Conundrum, you will need to follow these steps:

• Start by identifying the problem and understanding its origins.
  • Research and gather all necessary information about the Gameboy DS and Advance systems.
  • Analyze the information and look for any patterns or connections.
  • Experiment with different solutions and test them on the devices.
  • Document your findings and keep track of any progress or setbacks.
  • Continue to refine your solutions until the problem is resolved.

2. What is the difference between the Gameboy DS and Advance systems?

The main difference between the Gameboy DS and Advance systems is their hardware. The Gameboy Advance is a 32-bit system with a single screen, while the Gameboy DS is a 64-bit system with dual screens and touch capabilities. Additionally, the Gameboy DS is backwards compatible with Gameboy Advance games.

3. How can I troubleshoot issues with my Gameboy DS or Advance?

If you are experiencing issues with your Gameboy DS or Advance, try these troubleshooting steps:

• Make sure the system is charged or has fresh batteries.
  • Clean the game cartridges and make sure they are inserted correctly.
  • Check for any software updates for the system.
  • Reset the device by turning it off and on again.
  • If all else fails, contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

4. Can I play Gameboy Advance games on a Gameboy DS?

Yes, the Gameboy DS is backwards compatible with Gameboy Advance games. However, not all Gameboy Advance games are compatible with the DS. It is recommended to check the game's compatibility before purchasing or playing.

5. What can I do if my Gameboy DS or Advance will not turn on?

If your Gameboy DS or Advance will not turn on, try these solutions:

• Make sure the batteries are inserted correctly and have enough charge.
  • Clean the battery contacts on the device and batteries.
  • Try a different set of batteries or a different power source.
  • If the device still does not turn on, there may be a hardware issue and it is recommended to contact the manufacturer for further assistance.