Solving Differential Equations: Tips and Tricks

• Thread starter ريمان
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hi
In summary, a parent came to a forum asking for help with a problem their secondary school child brought home about solving differential equations. The expert suggests that the child should be comfortable with ordinary differential equations and partial differential equations before attempting to solve this problem. They also suggest that the child could take a break and play soccer instead.
ريمان
hi

are you fine all i hope that

today my son give me this problem to solve it but i can't

can you solve Differential Equations

are you can help me to solve it please:redface:

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    17.5 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I have to admit that I am a bit curious. Why would someone taking a course in PDEs bring home problems for Dad, and why would you have to come here to post a question for your adult child? (I assume adult, since generally PDEs are not presented before the 2nd or 3rd year in a university.

What you have there is the Heat equation. The solution to this is a bit involved, perhaps your child needs to post what s/he knows. Surely s/he is taking a class and should have learned something there.

hi master integral

my son is in secondrey school and he try to be good in math and he love math that he try to understan the Differential Equations

can you help me to solve it

Then I guess the question is "How good are you at differential equations". I can imagine having a son in secondary school that is working on partial differential equations can be rough! There is a standard method for solving the heat equation: separation of variables. If you let U(x,t)= X(x)T(t); that is, assume U can be written as the product of two functions, one, X, depending only on X and the other, T, depending only on t, then Uxx= X"T and Ut= XT' (' and " are first and second derivatives with respect to the appropriate variable). The equation becomes XT'= KX"T. Dividing through by XT gives
T'/T= K X"/X. That is, the left side depends only on t and the right only on x. If we vary x while t remains the same, the left side doesn't change- therefore the right side can't either: K X"/X must be a constant. Similarly, the left side must be that same constant for all t. Call that constant C. We now have the two ordinary differential equations T'/T= C or T'= CT and K X"/X= C or KX"= CX. If your son cannot solve those equations he should go back and study ordinary differential equations before he gets into partial differential equations! The first has the obvious solution T= AeCt. The solution to the second depends upon whether C is positive or negative. If C is positive then the solution will involve exponentials and will be unbounded at either + or - infinity so C must be negative. In that case, the solution will be in terms of sine and cosine or, equivalently, complex exponentials. In general you will need a sum (more correctly, an integral) of such things: the Fourier Transform.

Before doing a problem like this, your son should be comfortable with ordinary differential equations, partial differential equations over finite integrals, whose solutions involve Fourier series, and the beginnings of Fourier Transform theory. On the other hand he could just go outside and play soccer and wait for college.

hi tank you my lord

yes my son try to be btter and he try to slove hard things

Nice try. :smile:

Related to Solving Differential Equations: Tips and Tricks

What is the meaning of "Hi every one(i'm remine)"?

"Hi every one(i'm remine)" is a greeting commonly used in online communities, forums, and social media platforms. It is a way of saying hello to a group of people and introducing oneself as "remine."

Who is "remine" in "Hi every one(i'm remine)"?

"Remine" is the username or screen name of the person who is using the greeting "Hi every one(i'm remine)." It could be the person's real name or a chosen alias.

Why do people use "Hi every one(i'm remine)"?

People use "Hi every one(i'm remine)" to greet and introduce themselves in online communities. It is a simple and friendly way of interacting with others and joining a conversation.

Is "Hi every one(i'm remine)" a formal greeting?

No, "Hi every one(i'm remine)" is not a formal greeting. It is more commonly used in informal settings such as social media platforms and online forums. In formal situations, it is better to use a more professional greeting.

Can I use "Hi every one(i'm remine)" in any language?

Yes, "Hi every one(i'm remine)" can be used in any language as long as the person understands the meaning behind it. It is a universal greeting that transcends language barriers.