Solving a Physics Problem | Finding dx and its Magnitude - Answer Included

• Thread starter tinhnho
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physic
In summary, the conversation is discussing a physics problem and the correct method for finding dx and dy values. The question provided is asking for the magnitude of dx and dy, and the answer provided shows the correct values. There is also a mention of establishing positive x and y axes and understanding the concept of negative movements. The conversation ends with a request for double-checking the answer and a link to the answer provided.
tinhnho
hi everyone

please check if i was wrong. And I don't know how to find dx and dx and its magnitude, anyone have any idea? thanks

here the question http://viethost4u.com/toan/physic1.GIF

and here is my answer http://viethost4u.com/toan/answer.GIF

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
In calculating OA, you established that the positive x-axis was east and the positive y-axis is north. That means that any movement to the west or south is negative.

i don't get it ,can you explain which one i did wrong ?thanks

i got dx= -181.6 dy= 72, you was right, i have change bx= -400 and cy -188

please check if i 'm wrong

http://viethost4u.com/toan/answer.GIF

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Solving a Physics Problem | Finding dx and its Magnitude - Answer Included

1. What is a "Physics problem"?

A physics problem is a question or task that involves the application of scientific principles and laws to analyze and solve a specific scenario or situation. It often requires mathematical calculations and critical thinking skills.

2. How do I solve a physics problem?

To solve a physics problem, you need to understand the concept or principle being applied, identify the given and unknown quantities, and use appropriate equations and formulas to solve for the unknown. It is important to show all your work and check your answer for accuracy.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving a physics problem?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving a physics problem include using the wrong formula, making calculation errors, and forgetting to include units in your final answer. It is also important to double-check your work and make sure it aligns with the given information and the laws of physics.

4. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in physics?

To improve your problem-solving skills in physics, it is important to practice regularly and familiarize yourself with various concepts and principles. You can also seek help from a teacher or tutor, and work on breaking down complex problems into smaller, more manageable steps.

5. What are some real-world applications of physics problem-solving?

Physics problem-solving has many real-world applications, including designing and building structures, developing new technologies, predicting and understanding natural phenomena, and solving everyday problems related to energy, motion, and force. It is a fundamental aspect of many scientific fields and plays a crucial role in advancing our understanding of the physical world.