Solution to Question: Green Tick on PF Topics

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter cupid.callin
  • Start date
In summary, there have been suggestions for a feature on the PF forum where users can mark their topics as solved, possibly with a green tick icon. However, it seems that this feature is not currently available and it is up to the member to manually indicate if their topic is solved. There used to be a feature for marking threads as solved, but it is no longer functional with the current version of vBulletin.
cupid.callin
Hi all,

I just thought that the PF should have some way through which other people can know that the topic is solved ... i don't know maybe something like a green tick instead of that that message icon

Of course one cannot lock his topic (extra answers are always good!) but that would enable others to know if there is further help needed or not!

even if there is some new reply to a solved topic then you can add a small message icon along with the tick!

Please don't mind if there is always something like this of which i don't know ... do tell me if there is this feature and how to use it ...

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you referring to homework? If so, the answer is no. Yes, it's been discussed before, but for now, it's up to the member to post if he considers it solved.

We had a solved marker we could apply to threads a while back, but iirc the newer version of vBulletin rendered it useless.

Related to Solution to Question: Green Tick on PF Topics

1. How do I get a green tick on PF topics?

To get a green tick on PF topics, you need to provide a well-researched and thorough solution that addresses the question or problem at hand. Your solution should be supported by evidence and logical reasoning.

2. What is the significance of a green tick on PF topics?

A green tick on PF topics indicates that your solution has been accepted as the most accurate and helpful answer by the community. It also signifies that your solution is likely to be the most effective solution to the question or problem.

3. How can I increase my chances of getting a green tick on PF topics?

To increase your chances of getting a green tick on PF topics, make sure to thoroughly research the topic and provide a well-supported and comprehensive solution. Additionally, engaging in discussions and providing helpful feedback to others can also showcase your expertise and increase your chances of getting a green tick.

4. Can I lose my green tick on PF topics?

In rare cases, a green tick on PF topics may be removed if it is found to be incorrect or if a better solution is provided by another user. However, this is only done in exceptional circumstances and does not happen frequently.

5. How does the green tick system work on PF topics?

The green tick system on PF topics is based on the community's votes and feedback. When a user provides a solution, other users can vote on its accuracy and helpfulness. If the solution receives a significant number of positive votes, it will be marked with a green tick to indicate its status as the accepted solution.