Solubility of acetylsalicyclic acid in ethyl acetate

In summary, the person is looking for the solubility of acetyl salicyclic acid in ethyl acetate at higher temperatures. They have only been able to find the solubility at 25 degrees C and are specifically interested in the solubility at 77 degrees C. They are asking for help in finding this information and provide a source that may be helpful.
espen180
Hi

I am looking for the solubility of acetyl salicyclic acid in ethyl acetate vs. temperature. So far I have only been able to find its solubility at 25 degrees C (0.453 M). However, I would like to know its solubility at higher temperatures (77 degrees C, to be precise).

If anyone knows where I can find this information, please share it with me.

Thanks for any help.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
You might consult http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T25-4TT9GFT-2&_user=10&_coverDate=02%2F15%2F2009&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1629415260&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=e5e8540273b741bdb5d41487bfbb2b4f&searchtype=a"

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Solubility of acetylsalicyclic acid in ethyl acetate

1. What is the solubility of acetylsalicyclic acid in ethyl acetate?

The solubility of acetylsalicyclic acid in ethyl acetate is approximately 2.5 g/100 mL at room temperature.

2. What factors affect the solubility of acetylsalicyclic acid in ethyl acetate?

The solubility of acetylsalicyclic acid in ethyl acetate can be affected by temperature, pressure, and the presence of other solutes in the solution.

3. How does temperature affect the solubility of acetylsalicyclic acid in ethyl acetate?

The solubility of acetylsalicyclic acid in ethyl acetate generally increases with increasing temperature, as higher temperatures provide more energy for the molecules to overcome intermolecular forces and dissolve.

4. Can the solubility of acetylsalicyclic acid in ethyl acetate be increased?

Yes, the solubility of acetylsalicyclic acid in ethyl acetate can be increased by increasing the temperature, stirring the solution, or adding a co-solvent that is miscible with both ethyl acetate and acetylsalicyclic acid.

5. What is the purpose of determining the solubility of acetylsalicyclic acid in ethyl acetate?

Determining the solubility of acetylsalicyclic acid in ethyl acetate is important for various industrial and pharmaceutical applications, as it can affect the efficiency and effectiveness of processes such as extraction and formulation of medications.