Show Interval On Number Line....2

• MHB
  • Thread starter mathdad
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Interval
In summary, to read and graph an interval on a number line, first locate the two endpoints and determine the interval size by counting the spaces. The purpose of showing intervals is to visually represent a range of numbers and understand their relationship. Intervals can overlap on a number line, and to determine if a number is included in an interval, locate it on the number line and see if it falls within the two endpoints.
mathdad
Show interval on number line.

|x| > 0

Solution:

Here, x cannot be 0. If x is 0, |x| > 0 is not a true statement.

We know that x can be any number other than 0.

<---------------------------------)0(----------------------------->

Correct?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
yes

All my posted questions will have some work with it. Of course, there are questions that I simply do not know or remember how to begin.

Related to Show Interval On Number Line....2

1. How do I read a number line with intervals?

To read a number line with intervals, first locate the two endpoints of the interval. Then, count the number of spaces between the endpoints to determine the interval size. Finally, use the labeled tick marks on the number line to determine the position of each number within the interval.

2. What is the purpose of showing intervals on a number line?

The purpose of showing intervals on a number line is to visually represent a range of numbers. This can be helpful in understanding the relationship between numbers and identifying patterns or trends.

3. How do I graph an interval on a number line?

To graph an interval on a number line, first locate the two endpoints of the interval. Then, plot a closed circle at each endpoint and draw a line to connect them. Finally, label the tick marks within the interval to show the range of numbers included in the interval.

4. Can intervals overlap on a number line?

Yes, intervals can overlap on a number line. This means that there are numbers that are included in both intervals. The overlap can be represented by shaded regions on the number line or by labeling the shared tick marks with both interval values.

5. How do I determine if a number is included in an interval on a number line?

To determine if a number is included in an interval on a number line, locate the number on the number line and see if it falls within the two endpoints of the interval. If the number is located on a closed circle at one of the endpoints or on a tick mark within the interval, then it is included in the interval.