Should I Choose Physics or Mathematics for Higher Studies?

• Thread starter Rishabh Tiwari
  • Start date
In summary, deciding between studying physics or mathematics for higher studies depends on individual interests and career goals. Physics involves the study of the natural world and its laws, while mathematics focuses on abstract concepts and problem-solving. Both fields offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities, with physics leading to careers in research, engineering, and technology, and mathematics leading to careers in finance, data analysis, and computer science. It is important to carefully consider your strengths and interests before making a decision, as both subjects require strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Ultimately, the best choice will depend on your personal interests and career aspirations.
Rishabh Tiwari
Hi everyone here at PF. I'm Rishabh from Ujjain, India. I'm a 16 yr old high school student and studies in 10th grade. I love Mathematics, Physics and chemistry and wanted to do great work in fields of Mathematics and physics. I taught myself Single and multivariable calculus when I was in 9th standard But m a bit confused whether to opt for physics or mathematics for higher studies.

Physics news on Phys.org
A warm welcome to PF.

In order to help you start out here, the following are the three main sections in PF. You should explore them well:

1. The main forums, that you see in the first page.
2. Insights Blog, available at the top row (header section). In short, they have been described as a "wonder of the web". It contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.
3. The Videos, also available in the header section. The media gallery now has some great videos in almost every aspect in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning experience.

It's good to hear that you have an inclination towards learning topics outside the syllabus. I am one of that type too, but number of such people in India are decreasing.

Enjoy your time here.

With regards,
Wrichik