Short cycle on off timer plug-in

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a timer to turn on and off a 220 Volt appliance with a 1 minute resolution. The person bought a cheap digital timer but it only allowed for a minimum switching interval of 1 minute. After searching, they found a timer that can be set for a specific on/off interval, but it only works with 120V and costs more than the previous timer. They ask if anyone knows of a 220V timer.
sebastian___
I would like to use a timer to turn on and off a 220 Volt appliance. With a "mechanical" plug-in timer you have 20 minute granularity. But I would like to have a 1 minute resolution.
For example - 1 minute off and 1 minute on.

I bought a cheap 10 euro digital timer. I was mislead by the package which said something like : Minimum switching interval: 1 minute.
But in fact it meant you can set the timer to turn on at 2 o'clock and 23 minutes and then turn off a minute later.

After hours of searching I found something here
http://www.aquaponiclynx.com/WordPress/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ART-DNe_600.jpg
It seems it's quite nice - you can actually set the device to turn on for example 1 minute and off 3 minute and so on in a loop.

But it works only with 120 V and for such a simple device costs 80 $ while the digital sophisticated one was only 10 E.

Does anyone know if such a timer (220V) exists?
Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
There are many, for example this

Just search for "timer digial 220v"

Related to Short cycle on off timer plug-in

1. What is a short cycle on off timer plug-in?

A short cycle on off timer plug-in is a device that allows you to set a specific time for an electronic device to turn on and off automatically. It is usually plugged into a wall outlet and can be used for various purposes such as saving energy or controlling the duration of a device's use.

2. How does a short cycle on off timer plug-in work?

The timer plug-in has a built-in clock and timer mechanism that allows you to set a specific time for the device to turn on and off. Once the time is set, the timer plug-in will automatically switch the power on and off according to the programmed schedule.

3. What are the benefits of using a short cycle on off timer plug-in?

One of the main benefits of using a short cycle on off timer plug-in is energy savings. By setting specific times for devices to turn on and off, you can avoid unnecessary energy consumption. It also allows for better control and management of electronic devices, especially for those that are used frequently.

4. Can a short cycle on off timer plug-in be used for any electronic device?

Yes, a short cycle on off timer plug-in can be used for most electronic devices as long as they are plugged into the timer. This includes lamps, fans, coffee makers, and even charging cords for phones and laptops. However, it is important to check the wattage and voltage specifications of the timer plug-in to ensure compatibility with your devices.

5. How do I set up a short cycle on off timer plug-in?

The setup process may vary depending on the brand and model of the timer plug-in. Generally, you will need to plug the device into a wall outlet and then plug your electronic device into the timer. Then, you can set the time and schedule using the buttons or dials on the timer. It is important to read the instructions provided by the manufacturer for specific setup instructions.