Series: Definitions and Properties problem

In summary, a series is a sequence of terms added together in a specific order, which can be either finite or infinite. The most common types of series are arithmetic, geometric, and harmonic, but there are also other types such as power, alternating, and Taylor series. A convergent series is one in which the sum of its terms approaches a finite value, while a divergent series does not have a limit. Important properties of series include the ability to combine series of the same type and manipulate them using tests to determine convergence or divergence.
Slimsta

Homework Statement

[PLAIN]http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7061/37557155.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

i don't understand, what can possibly wrong with this :S
I checked it so many times over and over but everything seems to be right..
i don't even have this feeling about any of those that one is might be something else.. I am 99.9% sure about everything

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This: [itex]\{ a_n \}_{n=1}^m[/itex] is not a series (i.e. not a sum); this is a list of elements (i.e. a sequence).

oh i see.. little word messed up my whole answer :/
thanks man!

Related to Series: Definitions and Properties problem

1. What is a series?

A series is a sequence of terms added together in a specific order. It can be either finite or infinite.

2. What are the common types of series?

The most common types of series are arithmetic series, geometric series, and harmonic series. Other types include power series, alternating series, and Taylor series.

3. What is a convergent series?

A convergent series is a series in which the sum of its terms approaches a finite value as more terms are added. In other words, the series has a limit.

4. What is a divergent series?

A divergent series is a series in which the sum of its terms does not approach a finite value as more terms are added. In other words, the series does not have a limit.

5. What are some important properties of series?

Some important properties of series include the ability to combine series with the same type and to multiply series by a constant. Additionally, series can be manipulated using various tests to determine convergence or divergence, such as the ratio test and the integral test.