Sequence Puzzle: Can You Figure it Out?

In summary: Unfortunately, I couldn't figure it out. I'm sorry my post was not specific enough. Here is the answer:The Frankfort elevated is a subway/elevated train in Philadelphia. It makes stops at the following stations:2nd Street, 5th Street, 8th Street, etc. as in the sequence. The next stop after 63rd Street is Milbourne Avenue, then 69th Street.
Jimmy Snyder

This was a popular one when I was younger, but I haven't heard it lately. What comes next in the sequence? This is way a trick question. Only a small percentage of people have even a chance of figuring it out.

Physics news on Phys.org
jimmysnyder said:

This was a popular one when I was younger, but I haven't heard it lately. What comes next in the sequence? This is way a trick question. Only a small percentage of people have even a chance of figuring it out.

This being a trick question, I guess it is a comma sign ',' ;)
Or maybe a number...

I think I have seen this before. I think the next number in the sequence is (highlight) -->> 69.

mathwurkz, your statement is correct, but it is not an answer to the puzzle.

Don't look at the answer unless you give up (which as I said, almost everyone must).

Answer: These are the stops on the Frankfort elevated in Philadelphia. The next stop is Milbourne. The one after that is 69.

I don't get it

My physics teacher told me that one in high school. Are you from Philly?

I'm from South Jersey. I went to Temple.

I'm sorry my post was not specific enough. Here is the answer:

The Frankfort elevated is a subway/elevated train in Philadelphia. It makes stops at the following stations:
2nd Street, 5th Street, 8th Street, etc. as in the sequence. The next stop after 63rd Street is Milbourne Avenue, then 69th Street.
So the answer to the question 'what comes next in the sequence?' is 'Milbourne'. Mathwurkz said 69 is the next number in the sequence which is true but is not the answer to the question.

Last edited:
jimmysnyder said:

The Frankfort elevated is a subway/elevated train in Philadelphia. It makes stops at the following stations:
2nd Street, 5th Street, 8th Street, etc. as in the sequence. The next stop after 63rd Street is Milbourne Avenue, then 69th Street.
So the answer to the question 'what comes next in the sequence?' is 'Milbourne'. Mathwurkz said 69 is the next number in the sequence which is true but is not the answer to the question.

yeeee haaaaaa
it would have been much more fair puzzle if it hadn't been so location-specific. of the more interest is the fact that playing around with removing commas (,) in first some numbers we can receive numers like
25 then 81 etc - so the game is to look up the exact squares in the mess, and predict the next number... that't the math. that's the teaser.

that's going to burst people head...

jimmysnyder said:

i just spent an hour trying to find it out and i had no chancei have school in 2and 1/2h and i haven't slept :mad:

Does this help?

http://www.septa.com/maps/market_frankford.html

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a silly puzzle. It requires non-common out side knowledge. It seems to this puzzle is equivalent to: asking what is my address.

JonF, read the puzzle again.

I can say he is right. I'm from Turkey and I pondered at least 15 minutes about this. I did a lot of calculations to no avail...

wisredz said:
I can say he is right. I'm from Turkey and I pondered at least 15 minutes about this. I did a lot of calculations to no avail...
Actually, i never bother much with the sequence puzzles, i always apply the Backward Difference Table method and come up with an answer that has a logical explanation ( because the numbers always form the points of some polynomial :smile: ). Ofcourse this is just one way, there are dozens of more methods each giving different answers and each having its own logical explanations. What i am trying to say is, we can just see the solution given here and enjoy how another number is obtained from a different logic.

wisredz,
You can go ahead and form a sequence number method from the roads of turkey and we all can enjoy that sequence puzzle too :smile: In that time, i will form something excruciatingly painful sequence from my country side.

-- AI

:cry: :cry: :cry:

This is the one post I try and do on my own without looking and spend some time on it. I tried it because you said it was popular as a child...

really bit tricky !

i pondered about this question 1 minute just if i can do or not , but i came to stupid answer which is ============ " 66".might be correct, i did not get any formula to play on this question.

it does nto make any sense to me !

Related to Sequence Puzzle: Can You Figure it Out?

1. What is a sequence puzzle?

A sequence puzzle is a type of puzzle where players need to identify a pattern or sequence in a set of objects, numbers, or symbols in order to solve it. These puzzles often require logical thinking and problem-solving skills.

2. How can I solve a sequence puzzle?

To solve a sequence puzzle, you need to carefully observe the given objects or symbols and try to identify a pattern. This could be a pattern in shape, color, size, or any other characteristic. Once you have identified the pattern, you can use it to figure out the missing piece or the next item in the sequence.

3. Are there different types of sequence puzzles?

Yes, there are various types of sequence puzzles, such as number sequences, letter sequences, shape sequences, and logic puzzles. Each type of puzzle may require a different approach or set of skills to solve.

4. Can sequence puzzles help improve cognitive skills?

Yes, solving sequence puzzles can help improve cognitive skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, and pattern recognition. These puzzles also require attention to detail and the ability to think logically, which can help improve overall cognitive abilities.

5. Are there any tips for solving sequence puzzles?

Some tips for solving sequence puzzles include carefully observing the given objects or symbols, looking for patterns or similarities, and trying different combinations or sequences until one works. It can also be helpful to break down the puzzle into smaller parts and work on them separately.