Self Introduction - Ralph B.

In summary, Ralph B. is an expert summarizer of content who does not engage in conversation or response, but instead solely provides summaries. His specialty lies in condensing information and presenting it in a concise and precise manner.
Ralph B
It has been indicated to me that I should introduce myself, so here goes:

I have little scientific experience outside of school, and as I am a High School Freshman I haven't had a great degree of formal education. The vast majority of my knowledge is obtained online, mostly from Wikipedia and YouTube, so if I get anything wrong be sure to correct me.

I believe myself to possesses rather effective theoretical and logical thinking skills, though I am not an expert when it comes to the mathematics involved with physics. Astrophysics or perhaps Quantum physics are my two biggest interests in science, although both are merely a back-up plan behind music and poetry.

I have a multitude of ideas about the workings of our universe, many of which I have not yet shared for fear I have overlooked a crucial detail, so I might be rather active, unless (and this is very likely) I forget I am signed up here. Very soon I will attempt to compose an explanation of my current dark energy theory to see if I can run it by someone with actual experience.

Thank you for reading,
-Ralph B.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:
A warm welcome to PF!

Anyone loving science will surely find PF a very helpful community.

Just to make sure we can help you as much as possible, make sure you know about the three main sections in PF:

1. The main forums, that you see in the first page.

2. Insights Blog, available at the top row (header section). It contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.

3. The videos, also available in the header section. The media gallery now has some great videos in almost every aspect in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning experience.

Please note that personal theories are not allowed for discussion here until they have been ratified by any research journal.

Keep posting content outside personal theories, and we'll always help you.

With regards,
Wrichik

Likes Dale
Ah, my bad. I'll stick to the regular activities, then. Thanks for telling me!

Likes Wrichik Basu and berkeman
Ralph B said:
I have a multitude of ideas about the workings of our universe, many of which I have not yet shared for fear I have overlooked a crucial detail ...
A wise idea since you'll find that if your theories differ from already known physics there is a 99.9999999999% chance that you have very likely not just overlooked a single crucial detail, there are so many "crucial details" that you have not yet been exposed to in the accumulation of enough knowledge to safely propose a new theory that you have something wrong. Thinking outside the box can be a useful exercise but first you have to learn what's IN the box.

Formulating ideas based on a lack of knowledge as a way to learn turns out to be pretty much a waste of time. Better to pursue a progressing course of study.