Seeking quote for construction of motorized camera car

Broken]In summary, the individual is seeking a quote for the cost of creating tracks and a motorized camera car to run on those tracks at a specific speed. They are open to providing more details about the project in order for interested parties to give them an estimate, which they can then use to secure funding.
ebsseattle
I'm looking to find someone who can give me a quote on cost to make tracks and a motorized camera car that can run along the tracks at a specified speed. I can provide more details about the project if anyone is interested in putting together figures to give me an idea what this would cost, so I can go out and seek funding for the project.

Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Thread closed temporarily for Moderation...

EDIT -- Thread re-opened for now. We don't allow solicitation for work or for hire here at the PF. But asking for ballpark figures for different ways to design the system should be okay. :smile:

Last edited:
Checkout Servocity they have the parts and projects related to this kind of work:

https://www.servocity.com/html/photography___videography_proj.html

Related to Seeking quote for construction of motorized camera car

1. What is a motorized camera car?

A motorized camera car is a vehicle specifically designed to capture smooth and stable footage while in motion. It typically has a camera rig mounted on a specialized platform, allowing for dynamic and high-quality shots while driving.

2. How much does it cost to construct a motorized camera car?

The cost of constructing a motorized camera car can vary greatly depending on the specific features and equipment needed. Factors such as the type of vehicle used, the camera and rigging equipment, and labor costs all play a role in the overall cost. It is best to seek quotes from different companies to determine an accurate cost for your specific needs.

3. What are some important considerations when seeking a quote for a motorized camera car construction?

When seeking a quote for a motorized camera car construction, it is important to consider the type of vehicle being used, the experience and expertise of the company constructing it, the quality of the camera and rigging equipment, and any additional features or customization desired. It is also important to ensure that the company has a good track record and can provide references or examples of their previous work.

4. How long does it take to construct a motorized camera car?

The time it takes to construct a motorized camera car can vary depending on the complexity of the project and the availability of materials and equipment. On average, it can take anywhere from 4-8 weeks to complete, but it is best to discuss a timeline with the company providing the quote.

5. Can a motorized camera car be used for other purposes besides filming?

Yes, a motorized camera car can be used for various purposes besides filming. It can also be used for photography, surveillance, and even as a mobile advertising platform. The versatility and maneuverability of a motorized camera car make it a useful tool for many industries.