Searching for AP Physics B Exam Past Papers

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for past papers for the AP Physics B exam and asking for recommendations from others. They also receive advice to focus on understanding concepts rather than just memorizing equations.
andycl
Hello,

I'm looking at the moment for past papers for the AP Physics B exam (apart from the ones in www.collegeboard.com). If any of you have anything to offer or know somebody please pm me. I need practice questions as I have not been doing great lately on the course.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Doesn't Barnes and Noble have books on AP classes/tests? I'm sure there might be some there with very similar problems.

You should first grasp the concepts of what you need to know. I took AP Physics around 4-5 years ago and I did average. Once I hit college, they do NOT test you on how to plug in 9.8 m/s^2 into an equation, rather test you on how well you can tie together concepts to arrive at the solution. I finally realized that's what they did and succeed in Physics I/II.

As a fellow scientist, I understand the importance of practice and preparation for exams. I recommend checking with your teacher or professor for additional resources, as they may have access to past exams or practice questions. You could also try reaching out to other students or study groups who have taken the exam in the past. Additionally, some educational websites or forums may have past exams available for review. Remember, practice makes perfect, so keep working hard and good luck on your exam!

Related to Searching for AP Physics B Exam Past Papers

What is the importance of searching for AP Physics B Exam Past Papers?

Searching for AP Physics B Exam Past Papers is important because it allows students to become familiar with the format and types of questions that may appear on the actual exam. It also helps students to identify any areas of weakness and provides an opportunity for practice and improvement.

Where can I find AP Physics B Exam Past Papers?

AP Physics B Exam Past Papers can be found on the official College Board website, as well as on various educational websites and forums. Some schools and teachers may also have past papers available for students to use.

How can I use AP Physics B Exam Past Papers effectively?

There are a few ways to effectively use AP Physics B Exam Past Papers. First, it's important to time yourself and treat the practice exam as if it were the real thing. This will help you get used to the time constraints and build your test-taking skills. Additionally, review your answers and understand why you got certain questions wrong. This will help you identify areas that need more practice.

Are AP Physics B Exam Past Papers still relevant?

While the AP Physics B Exam has been replaced by the AP Physics 1 and AP Physics 2 exams, many of the concepts and topics covered in the past papers are still relevant. It's a good idea to use past papers as supplemental practice, but also make sure to review the updated curriculum and format for the current exams.

Is it okay to use AP Physics B Exam Past Papers from previous years?

Yes, it is okay to use AP Physics B Exam Past Papers from previous years as long as you are aware of the changes in the current exam and use them as supplementary practice. It's important to also use other study materials and resources that align with the current exam format and curriculum.