Scratch one thing off my list (I hope)

In summary, Nash Clemens is a very busy person who has two major projects going on this year. The first is a hybrid liquid-solid fuel rocket, and the second is a radiation hydro-dynamics simulation. He is excited to have one of the projects finished.
franznietzsche
For those of you who don't chat with me outside PF, I'm interminably buried in mountains of work. I tend to bite off more than I can chew, mainly because I like being busy. Only problem with that is that I'm definitely in the running for least productive human being alive (ok, so I'm exaggerating, but you get the point). I tend to work productively in bursts, with long periods of being scatterbrained and easily distracted. My two major, non-class related, projects this year are our hybrid liquid-solid fuel rocket and my radiation hydro-dynamics simulation. The rocket project is:

CPSS Website said:
Our goal: By May, 2006, we will build a rocket that we can launch from the ground and safely recover. Our rocket will have these features (not in any particular order):

M+ class hybrid motor
• Meet or exceed R.A.T.T. Works M900 motor
• Remote launch capability
• In flight shut down capability
• All custom parts made in-house
Controlled fly–back
• Land on a pre-determined target
• Micro-processor controlled
• Mixture of autonomous and piloted control
Extreme altitude & recovery
• Reach at least 20,000 feet AGL

In addition to the rocket, we also plan to have more launches for individual project rockets and we will have at least one desert launch at either Black Rock, NV or Mojave, CA.

You can read more at http://www.calpolyspacesystems.com/, click on CPSS projects to see all the details.

Anyway, I'm on the propulsions team working on the injector design specifically, and the thing is finally DONE. After a half dozen setbacks, we finally have a finalized design ready for machining and testing (minus some minor details on exact dimensions).

Just thought I'd share. I'm rather excited to have that one scratched off my very long list of things not yet finished. Now if only i could get the RHD code done :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
Yay! Good for you!

Wow, you guys have some funny names. Nash Clemens. :smile: I hope that's not you. (Joking, they're lovely names, really.)

Woo! Yeah! Whatever gets your motor propulsing. :biggrin:

Propulsing?

OMG I love to launch rockets!

Way to go...another one bites the dust!
{from your list...not your rocket!}

Related to Scratch one thing off my list (I hope)

1. What is the meaning of "Scratch one thing off my list (I hope)"?

"Scratch one thing off my list (I hope)" is a phrase commonly used to express the desire or hope to complete or accomplish a task or goal. It implies that the person has a list of things to do and is hoping to cross one of them off the list.

2. How did the phrase "Scratch one thing off my list (I hope)" originate?

The origin of this phrase is unclear, but it is believed to have originated from the phrase "cross one item off the list," which dates back to at least the 19th century. The addition of "scratch" instead of "cross" may have come from the physical act of scratching something off a list with a pen or pencil.

3. Is "Scratch one thing off my list (I hope)" only used in a literal sense?

No, this phrase is commonly used in both a literal and figurative sense. In a literal sense, it refers to crossing off an item on a physical to-do list. In a figurative sense, it can be used to express the completion or accomplishment of any task or goal.

4. Are there any variations of the phrase "Scratch one thing off my list (I hope)"?

Yes, there are many variations of this phrase, such as "cross one thing off my list (I hope)," "check one thing off my list (I hope)," or "tick one thing off my list (I hope)." These variations all convey the same meaning of completing a task or goal.

5. How can I use "Scratch one thing off my list (I hope)" in my daily life?

This phrase can be used in various situations, such as when you complete a task at work, finish a chore at home, or achieve a personal goal. It can also be used to express hope or determination towards completing a specific task or goal.