Schools in CA that would accept engineering student with C's, GPA of about 2.9

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of an engineering student with a GPA of 2.5-2.9 and extenuating circumstances being accepted into a California school for electrical engineering. There is also mention of repeating classes and taking 10 years to finish at a 2-year college. The conversation also touches on the individual's aspirations for a Bachelor's degree and whether or not they earned a diploma after their time at the 2-year college.
Jurrasic
Just curious as to what schools there are in California offering electrical engineering that would likely accept an engineering student with the following:
Quite a lot of C's, GPA of about 2.5 - 2.9
,lots of W's & repeate classes?
Took about 10 years to finish at the 2 year college, starting before finishing high school though,
failed and repeated some classes at the 2 year college
(Also, if your curious, the struggles were due to quite a number of extensuating circumstances and obstacles that were over come.)

Physics news on Phys.org
Did you earn a diploma after your 2 years of college?
What do you want to study?
Are you aiming for a Bachelor's degree?

Related to Schools in CA that would accept engineering student with C's, GPA of about 2.9

1. Can I still get into an engineering program in California with a GPA of 2.9?

Yes, there are many schools in California that accept engineering students with a GPA of 2.9. While a higher GPA may make you a more competitive candidate, GPA is not the only factor that schools consider in their admissions decisions.

2. Are there any specific schools in California that are known for accepting students with lower GPAs?

Yes, some schools in California are known for being more lenient with GPA requirements for engineering programs. These schools include California State University campuses (such as CSU Long Beach and CSU Northridge) and private institutions like University of the Pacific and Cal Poly Pomona.

3. Will my C's in math and science courses hurt my chances of getting into an engineering program in California?

While it is important to have strong grades in math and science courses for an engineering program, a few C's will not necessarily disqualify you from admission. Admissions committees also consider other factors such as extracurricular activities, letters of recommendation, and personal statements.

4. Is it possible to improve my chances of getting into an engineering program in California with a lower GPA?

Yes, there are several steps you can take to improve your chances of admission. Consider retaking any courses in which you received lower grades to demonstrate improvement. You can also participate in relevant extracurricular activities, gain relevant work experience, and write a strong personal statement highlighting your passion and dedication for engineering.

5. Are there any other requirements besides GPA that I need to meet for admission into an engineering program in California?

Yes, in addition to GPA, most engineering programs also require students to complete specific math and science courses, submit standardized test scores (such as the SAT or ACT), and possibly complete an interview or submit a portfolio. It is important to research the specific admissions requirements for each school you are interested in applying to.