School and university decisions.

In summary, the individual is sixteen years old and interested in studying physics. They are unsure of what career path to choose and have autism with talents in mathematics, logical thinking, and spatial awareness. They are seeking advice on finding a job in physics or science and are open to shadowing professionals in the field.
evearae
Good evening everyone,

I have a great interest in physics, am sixteen years old, and totally stuck in what I should choose to study when I'm done with school.

I live in the netherlands, we have a very different school system then other countries, but basically, I will have to choose a "package" of things to learn, math english and dutch are basic, but all the rest is decided by me. I don't know what job I want to look forward to either, I'm just in general very interested in physics and science in general. I love stephen hawkings' documentaries, I get fascinated by them, and by einstein's theory of relativity, I am interested in CERN (even though I don't know a lot about them, been checking it out lately)

I don't know which path to choose. I have autism (asperger, in perticulair) and after countless of tests it says that my talents are Mathematics, Logical thinking and spatial awareness. I love math so that comes in handy.

Does anyone know a good place to find job, or a job that would suit me after reading this?
Does anyone have a job in physics/science or studies it, and would be able to answer questions of mine and help me with this?

I'd greatly appreciate it, it would love to learn and understand more about these things.

Thank you for your time!

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know much about science in the Netherlands (other than they have AMOLF), but I highly suggest shadowing physicists or engineers to find out what it's like to work in their field.

Related to School and university decisions.

What factors should be considered when making school and university decisions?

When making school and university decisions, it is important to consider factors such as academic reputation, program offerings, location, cost, and campus culture.

How can I determine which school or university is the best fit for me?

The best way to determine which school or university is the best fit for you is to research and visit different campuses, talk to current students and alumni, and consider your academic and personal goals.

What are the benefits of attending a prestigious school or university?

Attending a prestigious school or university can provide access to top-notch resources, networking opportunities, and a strong reputation that can open doors in the job market.

Is it better to attend a small or large school or university?

The size of a school or university can impact your academic and social experience. It is important to consider your personal preferences and goals when deciding between a small or large institution.

How can I make a well-informed decision about my education?

To make a well-informed decision about your education, it is important to gather information from a variety of sources, consider your personal goals and values, and seek advice from trusted mentors or advisors.