Right Hand Side Orthogonal Drawing

In summary, the person is asking for help with drawing an orthogonal RHS of an object for an assignment. They are familiar with using AutoCAD but are stuck with visualizing the drawing. They have provided a PDF file of the object and are unsure of what the RHS view would look like. They also mention dimensions and a square hole on the cylinder. Another person suggests looking at the projection in the upper right of the isometric view and asks what a vertical cylinder looks like when viewed from the side. The first person then provides a drawing on the bottom right and asks if it is correct.
savva

Homework Statement

I need to draw an orthogonal RHS of an object I have attached as a pdf file with the message for an assignment. My problem is I do not know what the RHS of the drawing would look like. I know how to use autocad to do drawings but I'm stuck when I need to envisage the drawing. Can anybody please help? I'm completely stuck

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• Biogas Plant Drawing.pdf
    495.9 KB · Views: 279
Physics news on Phys.org
savva said:

Homework Statement

I need to draw an orthogonal RHS of an object I have attached as a pdf file with the message for an assignment. My problem is I do not know what the RHS of the drawing would look like. I know how to use autocad to do drawings but I'm stuck when I need to envisage the drawing. Can anybody please help? I'm completely stuck

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Would the RHS view just be looking at it from the projection in the upper right of the isometric view? It looks like you are given the dimensions that you need to place the projection on the cylinder, and also see the square hole in the cylinder...

What does a vertical cylinder look like when viewed from the side?

This is what I have come up with, the drawing on the bottom right is the RHS drawing, does it look right?
30lgos1.png

Related to Right Hand Side Orthogonal Drawing

1. What is a "Right Hand Side Orthogonal Drawing"?

A "Right Hand Side Orthogonal Drawing" is a type of graph drawing used in computer science and mathematics to visually represent a graph or network. It involves arranging the vertices of the graph on the right side of the drawing area and drawing edges in a straight, horizontal or vertical manner.

2. What are the advantages of using a Right Hand Side Orthogonal Drawing?

There are several advantages to using a Right Hand Side Orthogonal Drawing, including its simplicity and ease of understanding. It also minimizes edge crossings, making it easier to read and interpret the graph. Additionally, this type of drawing is often used in computer algorithms and can be easily implemented in software.

3. Can a Right Hand Side Orthogonal Drawing be used for any type of graph?

Yes, a Right Hand Side Orthogonal Drawing can be used for any type of graph or network. It is particularly useful for representing large and complex graphs, as it allows for a clear and organized visualization of the data.

4. Are there any limitations to using a Right Hand Side Orthogonal Drawing?

While a Right Hand Side Orthogonal Drawing has many advantages, it also has some limitations. The layout of the drawing can become quite cluttered if the graph has a high number of vertices or edges. Additionally, it may not be the most aesthetically pleasing type of graph drawing.

5. How is a Right Hand Side Orthogonal Drawing created?

To create a Right Hand Side Orthogonal Drawing, a specific algorithm is used to determine the placement of the vertices and edges. This algorithm takes into account the structure and complexity of the graph to produce an optimal layout. There are also software programs available that can automatically generate a Right Hand Side Orthogonal Drawing for a given graph.