Report a post - cannot seem to do it

• Thread starter jim mcnamara
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about issues with citations in a specific thread on the website Physics Forums. The person is having trouble reporting a post and is asking for help. They are able to report other posts and clearing their cache seemed to fix the issue.
jim mcnamara
Mentor
This thread: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/the-milankovitch-theory-and-climate-change.781136/#post-4908967

has issues with citations that supposedly represent refereed science and are not. See the Leif Svaalberg citation.

But. When I hit the Report "button" (on the same line as Like) Nothing happens, no feedback, nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe some JavaScript error? Can you report other posts? You can test it here.
I could report the post you linked to.

jim mcnamara said:
This thread: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/the-milankovitch-theory-and-climate-change.781136/#post-4908967

has issues with citations that supposedly represent refereed science and are not. See the Leif Svaalberg citation.

But. When I hit the Report "button" (on the same line as Like) Nothing happens, no feedback, nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

What browser are you using? IE does not work for me with the new forum software. Using Firefox works well for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to Report mfb's post. I'll now go and try the other problem post.

My cache may have been the problem -but I doubt it -I had just booted, gone to PF and tried to flag a post. It now works as expected. Maybe it was the Milankovitch cycle... :)

Thanks for the help.

Likes Greg Bernhardt

Related to Report a post - cannot seem to do it

1. How do I report a post on social media?

To report a post on social media, look for the three dots or arrow symbol on the post and click on it. This will open up a drop-down menu with options, including "Report post". Click on this option and follow the prompts to complete the report.

2. I cannot seem to find the option to report a post. What should I do?

If you are having trouble finding the option to report a post, try clicking on the person's profile or the post itself. Sometimes the report option is located in different places depending on the platform. If you still cannot find it, check the platform's help center for specific instructions.

3. Can I report a post anonymously?

Yes, most social media platforms allow you to report a post anonymously. When you select the "Report post" option, you will usually be given the option to report it anonymously. Keep in mind that anonymous reports may have less weight and may not be as effective as reports with a user's name attached.

4. What happens after I report a post?

After you report a post, the platform's moderation team will review the post and determine if it violates their community guidelines. If it does, the post may be removed, and the user may receive a warning or have their account suspended or banned. If the post does not violate any guidelines, it will remain on the platform.

5. Can I report a post on behalf of someone else?

Generally, it is best to let the person who is being affected by the post report it themselves. However, if the person is unable to do so, you can report it on their behalf. Just make sure to provide as much information and evidence as possible to support the report.