Replying to Visitor Messages for Googlemail Users

• Thread starter berkeman
  • Start date
In summary: Oh, dear. Well, I hope it's the latter. I miss chat!Well there can be lots of good reasons.I notice that you can also set up a group chat in googlemail.That's really cool! I've never used Googlemail for chat before.That's really cool! I've never used Googlemail for chat before.I think it's a lot more private than Facebook or Twitter.I think so too. Plus, you can join in on the chat even if you're not a member of the group.I think so too. Plus, you can join in on the chat even if you're not a member of the group.That's really helpful.
berkeman
Mentor
Sorry for the lame question -- how do I actually Reply to a visitor message? I don't see any obvious Reply button in that dialog window. Do I need to go to the other user's visitor message window and just post something there?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
berkeman said:
Sorry for the lame question -- how do I actually Reply to a visitor message? I don't see any obvious Reply button in that dialog window. Do I need to go to the other user's visitor message window and just post something there?

Thanks.
You can either do that or post the reply on your visitor page as a new comment. If you want the messages to remain on one page for the sake of continuity.

You can click on the view conversation button and reply from there. This also brings up all posts exchanged between the two members in chronological order.

Thanks for the help! Now I'm a Power User! :redface:

Posting on the other person's profile page will (I think) send them a notification that you have responded. Posting on your own profile page would not do that.

I am guessing the "view conversation" option would also cause a notification.

Redbelly98 said:
I am guessing the "view conversation" option would also cause a notification.
Shall we try?

Oooh, it appears that Redbelly is right, he messaged me by using "view conversation" and I got a notification and was able to see the message.

You people didn't trust me? I'm shocked.

Kurdt said:
You people didn't trust me? I'm shocked.
I knew you could view the conversation, but I din't know it allowed you to converse.

And that's why you are writing up the forum hand book.

There is no chat this weekend, so maybe we can get it finished.

Evo said:
I knew you could view the conversation, but I din't know it allowed you to converse.

There is no chat this weekend, so maybe we can get it finished.

Whhaaaaa... ? No chat? We didn't have chat last weekend...I need my fix!

Evo said:

Kurdt, I really really appreciate your doing this.
backflip.gif

thankyou.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
No chat again? Were we bad? :frown::cry:

Math Is Hard said:
No chat again? Were we bad? :frown::cry:
Apparently we were very bad. :cry:

Greg has...gone out and gotten a life! :cry:

We're doomed...DOOMED!

Or he might be back next weekend. You never know about these things.

Redbelly98 said:
Kurdt, I really really appreciate your doing this.
backflip.gif

[PLAIN]http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/smiley-says/thankyou.gif[/QUOTE]:smile:[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
Apparently we were very bad. :cry:

Greg has...gone out and gotten a life! :cry:

We're doomed...DOOMED!

Or he might be back next weekend. You never know about these things.

oh, dear. Well, I hope it's the latter. I miss chat!

Well there can be lots of good reasons.

I notice that you can also set up a group chat in googlemail.

Related to Replying to Visitor Messages for Googlemail Users

What is the purpose of replying to visitor messages?

The purpose of replying to visitor messages is to engage with the individuals who have left a message on your page. This allows for a more personal and interactive experience, and can help build relationships and connections with your visitors.

Can I customize my replies to visitor messages?

Yes, most platforms that allow for visitor messages also allow for customization of replies. This can include using different fonts, colors, and even adding emojis to your messages.

Are there any etiquette rules for replying to visitor messages?

Although there are no strict rules, it is generally considered polite to respond to all visitor messages, even if it is just a simple thank you. It is also important to be respectful and professional in your replies.

How often should I reply to visitor messages?

There is no set frequency for replying to visitor messages, but it is recommended to respond within a reasonable amount of time, such as within a day or two. This shows that you are actively engaged with your page and its visitors.

Is there a way to automate replies to visitor messages?

Some platforms may offer the option to set up automatic replies to visitor messages. However, it is important to still personally engage with visitors and not solely rely on automated responses.