Rekindling My Love for Physics: Exploring the Foundations of Quantum Mechanics

• Thread starter Minnesota Joe
  • Start date
In summary, rekindling one's love for physics can be achieved by exploring the foundations of quantum mechanics. This branch of physics deals with the behavior of matter and energy at a microscopic level, and understanding its principles can lead to a deeper appreciation and fascination for the subject. By delving into concepts such as wave-particle duality, superposition, and entanglement, one can gain a better understanding of the fundamental workings of the universe and how seemingly contradictory phenomena can coexist. Exploring the foundations of quantum mechanics can reignite a passion for physics and inspire further curiosity and exploration.
Minnesota Joe
Gold Member
Greetings everyone,

I worked in physics until I finished grad school, after which I decided to do other things. Now I'm rekindling my love for it again, in part thanks to podcasts like "Physics Frontiers" and Sean Carroll's "Mindscape" . Right now I'm reading "What's Real?" by Adam Becker, supplemented by some texts in quantum mechanics as a refresher (David Albert's book, Shankar, Aharonov, and several others). I'm interested in the foundations of quantum mechanics, something that wasn't exactly encouraged when I was a student. It's irritating how much I've forgotten, but you have to start (again) somewhere.

Cheers,

Joe

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum. Yeah, it's sad the way our knowledge slips away over time when not used by but it's inevitable.

Likes Minnesota Joe