Recent Visitors Not Working?

• Thread starter Runei
  • Start date
In summary, the "Recent Visitors" feature in the profile may have some glitches where it does not update the visitors' names even though the visitor count increases. However, this could be due to the fact that it only shows each visitor's name once, and guest impressions do count in the visitor count. There is also the possibility of invisible visitors.
Runei
The "Recent Visitors"

Hey there,

Is the "Recent Visitors" thing in the profile broke? I just noticed it seems this way :)

Physics news on Phys.org
What is wrong about it?

Well it looks like it doesn't update the visitors. I've been noticing that while the amount of visitors go up, the names doesn't change.

PS: And I'm always curious about who visits ^^

Runei said:
Well it looks like it doesn't update the visitors. I've been noticing that while the amount of visitors go up, the names doesn't change.

This is a simple brain teaser that you should be able to solve on your own :-p

Could be that stats are not updated in the real time, but it doesn't mean what you see is wrong.

If it's the same people visiting your page over and over your view count will go up, but it only shows each visitor's name once.

Got stalkers? :eek:

I prefer to see them as fans :biggrin:

However I just realized that it actually works! What about "guests", people with no account. Do they count also?

Runei said:
I prefer to see them as fans :biggrin:

However I just realized that it actually works! What about "guests", people with no account. Do they count also?

Yes they are your fans :)

Guest impressions do not count.

Invisible visitors are another possibility.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Guest impressions do not count.
Just tested it, and they do count (unless 4 members visited my profile exactly in sync with my page reloads :p).

mfb said:
Invisible visitors are another possibility.

Just tested it, and they do count (unless 4 members visited my profile exactly in sync with my page reloads :p).

Interesting, thanks for the test

Related to Recent Visitors Not Working?

What is "Recent Visitors Not Working?"

"Recent Visitors Not Working" refers to an issue where the feature on a website or application that displays the most recent visitors or activity is not functioning properly. This means that the list of recent visitors may not be updating or may not be displaying at all.

Why is "Recent Visitors Not Working?"

There can be several reasons for "Recent Visitors Not Working." It could be due to a technical glitch or bug in the code, an error in the server or database, or a problem with the user's device or internet connection. It could also be caused by changes in the website's or application's settings or updates that have not been properly implemented.

How can I fix "Recent Visitors Not Working?"

The solution to fixing "Recent Visitors Not Working" will depend on the specific cause of the issue. The first step is to try refreshing the page or clearing the browser's cache and cookies. If that does not work, check for any updates or changes that may have been made to the website or application. If the problem persists, it is best to contact the website or application's technical support for assistance.

How can I prevent "Recent Visitors Not Working?"

To prevent "Recent Visitors Not Working," it is important to regularly update the website or application and its features. This will ensure that any bugs or glitches are fixed in a timely manner. It is also important to regularly test the website or application to identify any issues and address them promptly. Additionally, regularly communicating with users and addressing their feedback can help prevent this issue from occurring.

Is "Recent Visitors Not Working?" a common issue?

Yes, "Recent Visitors Not Working" is a common issue that can occur on websites and applications. It can be caused by various factors, but it is usually a temporary issue that can be resolved with proper troubleshooting and maintenance. If the issue persists, it is important to report it to the website or application's technical support team for further investigation.