Recent terror attacks on Bombay, India

• News
  • Thread starter chaoseverlasting
  • Start date
  • Tags
    India
In summary, the sentiment in India is one of hostility towards Pakistan, with moderate elements being scarce. There are tensions on the border between the two countries, and it is uncertain what will happen if the Pakistani government does not take action against radical elements within their country.
chaoseverlasting
In view of the recent terror attacks on Bombay, India, what do you think will happen to the relations between India and Pakistan? Also what's do you think of the situation?

As an inhabitant of Delhi, the general sentiment is an ever increasing sense of hostility towards Pakistan. I've had a look at videos of Pakistani media as well and their views are not seemingly conducive to a definite solution to the issue of Pakistani involvement.

Everyone seems to be partaking in a blame game which leads nowhere and I'm afraid if the trend continues, it may eventually lead to an openly declared war between the two countries, similar to America's War on Terror. I suppose the general view is something akin to the public reaction after 9/11, as I'm sure the majority of the users on PF are American, this is a situation many of you have already gone through, and as such, your views on the issue will be highly relevant.

Physics news on Phys.org

Here is the video I was talking about, unfortunately, its in hindi/urdu with mixes of English. They also seem to think that 9/11 was a conspiracy by the American government which the Indian government has tried to copy (around 1:40). There are a lot of unsubstantiated statements and pot shots taken in this video, which was aired on national television in Pakistan, which seem to reflect more on personal opinion of the reporters than actual facts.

Moderate elements in media of both countries are not in the forefront where this conflict is concerned and the hardliners seem to be on the frontlines in any discussion concerning these attacks. This is not something that just one side is doing, Indian media is also up in arms, and in fact, the live interview I saw on national television, one of the reporters was very aggressive with an ex-member of the Pakistani Army who served under Mussharraf. Here is the link to the video:

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=Eij5o7XizIA

Watching PBS tonight, it seems that India is taking the stance that the terrorists came from Pakistan and were controlled by someone in Pakistan. It might be more productive to investigate thoroughly first before issuing such statements, including the possibility that separatists from Kashmir may have been involved.

i suspect it depends on how the pakistani government reacts. if they put some effort into finding the radical elements in pakistan and arrest them, then that would go a long way towards resolving tensions between the governments.

but is also seems you have some troubles in India near the border with pakistan that are more social and cultural and you're just going to have to take control of the situation without coming across as too repressive.

Related to Recent terror attacks on Bombay, India

1. Why did the terror attacks occur in Bombay, India?

The terror attacks in Bombay, India occurred due to a combination of factors, including political tensions, religious extremism, and the lack of adequate security measures in place.

2. How many people were affected by the terror attacks in Bombay, India?

The terror attacks in Bombay, India affected hundreds of people, including both victims and their families. The exact number of casualties is still being determined.

3. What steps are being taken to prevent future terror attacks in Bombay, India?

The government of India is implementing various measures to prevent future terror attacks in Bombay, including increasing security forces, improving intelligence gathering, and strengthening border control.

4. Who was responsible for the terror attacks in Bombay, India?

The terror attacks in Bombay, India were carried out by a group of terrorists from a Pakistan-based militant organization. However, there may have been individuals or groups who assisted in the planning and execution of the attacks.

5. How has the international community responded to the terror attacks in Bombay, India?

The international community has condemned the terror attacks in Bombay, India and offered support and condolences to the victims and their families. Many countries have also pledged to work together with India to combat terrorism and prevent similar attacks in the future.