Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Resource icon

Recent Posts Block 1.0

No permission to download
  • Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
MarkFL submitted a new resource:

Recent Posts Block - Designed to allow you to display links to the most recent posts.

Overview:

This product is designed to allow you to display links to the most recent posts. You can choose from which forums the posts are selected, with user permissions being respected, that is, if a user does not have permission to view the posts in a selected forum, then links to those posts will not be displayed for that user. You can select in which styles the block will be displayed as well.

View attachment 9801

Product Settings

Enable Product?
- This...
Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

gnrx

Jun 7, 2018
Hello.
Since I've been "absent" for a month, I think I mentioned this problem in .org, I do not know if you prefer what I said here or there. I do it here because it's your website and I think maybe you prefer here.
I commented that I had a problem with the url's generated in the block, for example:
Code:
https://www.myforum.com/foro/threads/411984-Debate-e-Intercambio-de-Informacion-sobre-IPTV-Hilo-unico&p=1198732#post1198732
If I click in the link, send me to first post or first page of the thread, if I change the & for ? then yes, send me to new post in the thread.

Its strange, because, I have this problem with some threads, with others threads work fine....

Thanks and regards!

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
This must be some issue particular to your site. Anyway, locate the plugin associated with this product, titled "Display Recent Posts Block" and locate the line:

Code:
$threads .= '<td>' . $thread . '<a class="rpb_links' . $t_style . '" href="' . fetch_seo_url('thread', $tpost) . '?p=' . $tpost['postid'] . '&viewfull=1#post'. $tpost['postid'] . '" title="' . $tname . $t_preview . '">' . $t_title . '</a></td></tr>';
Do you find this line?

As you can see it already has a question mark where you say there is an ampersand. Did you edit this plugin?

gnrx

Jun 7, 2018
This must be some issue particular to your site.
Yes, you have already mentioned this to me before, but my knowledge does not come to know what problem I have in my site ...:)
Anyway, locate the plugin associated with this product, titled "Display Recent Posts Block" and locate the line:

Code:
$threads .= '<td>' . $thread . '<a class="rpb_links' . $t_style . '" href="' . fetch_seo_url('thread', $tpost) . '?p=' . $tpost['postid'] . '&viewfull=1#post'. $tpost['postid'] . '" title="' . $tname . $t_preview . '">' . $t_title . '</a></td></tr>';
Do you find this line?
Your line:
Code:
And my line:
Code:
$threads .= '<td>' . $thread . '<a class="rpb_links' . $t_style . '" href="' . fetch_seo_url('thread', $tpost) . '&p=' . $tpost['postid'] . '#post'. $tpost['postid'] . '" title="' . $tname . $t_preview . '">' . $t_title . '</a></td></tr>';
As you can see it already has a question mark where you say there is an ampersand. Did you edit this plugin?
Its different my line that your line, and not, I don't edit this plugin (and any other plugin), I don't know for what reasson its different my line...
In your line have the "?" and in my line have the "&"...
Like indicate, I don't know the reasson for this difference....I don't edit the plugin never...

Change my line for your line?

Like always, thank you very very much!!!

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Yes, try changing your line with my line and see if that fixes the issue, please. :)

gnrx

Jun 7, 2018
Yes, try changing your line with my line and see if that fixes the issue, please. :)
Changed and...fixed the issue, work perfect!!!

Again, like always, thank you very much!!!

PD: I don't know for what reasson my line was different to your line....

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Changed and...fixed the issue, work perfect!!!

Again, like always, thank you very much!!!

PD: I don't know for what reasson my line was different to your line....
Did you download it here?

gnrx

Jun 7, 2018

gnrx

Jun 7, 2018
Hi,
How are?
I hope are very well.

I have a tweo doubts with this mod :)

Its possible change the order display of the block of Table Columns? For example, now appears at the left Thread Timestamp and then Thread Author...etc...
Its possible change this order?

In other question, I view in your screenshot of options of this plugin you have the option in Table Columns of Rating, at me appears in blank, not appears Rating, is other mod?

Like always, thank you very much!

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hi,
How are?
I hope are very well.

I have a tweo doubts with this mod :)

Its possible change the order display of the block of Table Columns? For example, now appears at the left Thread Timestamp and then Thread Author...etc...
Its possible change this order?

In other question, I view in your screenshot of options of this plugin you have the option in Table Columns of Rating, at me appears in blank, not appears Rating, is other mod?

Like always, thank you very much!
Sorry for the delay in responding. :)

The order of the columns in the table are set. You can choose whether to show them or not, but they cannot be rearranged.

The rating column is referring to vBulletin's intrinsic thread rating system. You may perhaps have thread ratings disabled.