Rebuild Tiki Bar: Ultimate Island Adventure Awaits!

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the Tiki bar needs a complete rebuild and the people who are interested in rebuilding it must be able to handle difficult conditions. They will need carpenters, electricians, mechanics, and someone to provide oversight for the barbecue. They will also need clothing for daytime and nighttime wear, as well as a chemist and German shepherds.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Is anyone interested in rebuilding the Tiki bar, it is in a dilapidated state and needs a complete overhaul,
We would need carpenters to rebuild the bar, electricians, mechanics to sort out the generator and some one to sort out the barbecue .
The Tiki bar is on a tropical island with 300 days of sun, the beach is powder sand and the fishing is good,
we have a fresh water supply.
The transport to the ship can be arranged via Tsu who has an fully equipped RV, the good ship SS Ginsling
will sail from various ports
So if you are up to a bit of work and an open ended holiday put your name down now and be prepared to do some hard graft and to play hard or relax as is your bent.

Physics news on Phys.org
Can I work remotely ?

I am in.

wolram said:
We would need carpenters to rebuild the bar, electricians, mechanics to sort out the generator and some one to sort out the barbecue .
The Tiki bar is on a tropical island with 300 days of sun, the beach is powder sand and the fishing is good,
Do you, perchance, need people who are neither electricians, nor mechanics, know very little about carpentry, and would probably try to hold a fishing rod backwards? Essentially, with a skill set limited to being largely immobile sunlight absorbers (I could take my own hammock). I believe I'd also make a terrific beta tester of the finished product.

Bandersnatch said:
Do you, perchance, need people who are neither electricians, nor mechanics, know very little about carpentry, and would probably try to hold a fishing rod backwards? Essentially, with a skill set limited to being largely immobile sunlight absorbers (I could take my own hammock). I believe I'd also make a terrific beta tester of the finished product.

You can be taught essential skills, apart from that as long as you know how to make a good cocktail you are in:biggrin:

Silicon Waffle said:
Can I work remotely ?

We need you body and soul.

Last edited:
Borek said:
I am in.

Yay, that is two of us, i am sure Tsu might come. we may even persuade Evo out of her castle:biggrin:

OH YAY! the Tiki Bar is back! I'll have to rev up the supersonic RV!

Greg Bernhardt said:
I'll be the bartender!

Only if you can make a spiced mojito:biggrin:

I'm on my way now! :woot:

collinsmark said:
I'm on my way now! :woot:

Good for you:biggrin: don't forget your tool kit

wolram said:
Only if you can make a spiced mojito:biggrin:
No problem boss! Coming right up!

wolram said:
We need you body and soul.
I'd love to serve people. Please count me in.

Good old Silicon Waffle, we are gathering a good team, by that i mean there are no bosses on the island everything must be done via mutual consent in some sort of co operative, i do not have particular skills i am just a facilitator but i can put my hand to most things.

fresh_42 said:
Is there Lagavulin available?

We only have the 16yr old malt, we should be well stocked for booze, whisky, gin, rum, brandy beer, you people will have to decide what mixers to go with.

Likes fresh_42
wolram said:
Good old Silicon Waffle, we are gathering a good team, by that i mean there are no bosses on the island everything must be done via mutual consent in some sort of co operative, i do not have particular skills i am just a facilitator but i can put my hand to most things.
That is good to hear. But people need you genius facilitator.

Things will not be all luxury, there are latrines to dig, roofs to thatch, living quarters to sort out, etc, etc. also we can not bring enough food with us to survive on, so we will need some one good at hunter gathering, there are wild boar on the island but i have no idea how to catch them or what fruits are edible.
:eek:

I have found this video seems it takes 4 to catch a wild boar,

wolram said:
Things will not be all luxury, there are latrines to dig, roofs to thatch, living quarters to sort out, etc, etc. also we can not bring enough food with us to survive on, so we will need some one good at hunter gathering, there are wild boar on the island but i have no idea how to catch them or what fruits are edible.
:eek:
We need a chemist then who has excellent analytical skills on food chemicals. We also need some German shepherds trained to protect us.
What should we be wearing while working on the island ? And how about at night ?

Last edited:
Down wolly, down:))

wolram said:
We only have the 16yr old malt, we should be well stocked for booze, whisky, gin, rum, brandy beer, you people will have to decide what mixers to go with.
Well, then I'll have one, please. And don't you dare to add anything else to it! Especially none of those dihydrogenoxide cubes the Americans are so famous for.

fresh_42 said:
Well, then I'll have one, please. And don't you dare to add anything else to it! Especially none of those dihydrogenoxide cubes the Americans are so famous for.
I can not even say it yet alone add it and i would not touch it with a barge pole with a name like that:eek:

wolram said:
I can not even say it yet alone add it and i would not touch it with a barge pole with a name like that:eek:
Cheers!

Last edited:
While you lot are trying to sort your self's out i am nipping over to the island for a recce to see what it has to offer.

Great idea, Wolly! The Tiki Bar kinda fell apart when I got myself a life! :oldlaugh:

I'm pretty busy right now(I still have a life :oldbiggrin: -and a wonderful one it is! :wink: ), but I'll help where I can. :approve:

Tsu said:
Great idea, Wolly! The Tiki Bar kinda fell apart when I got myself a life! :oldlaugh:

I'm pretty busy right now(I still have a life :oldbiggrin: -and a wonderful one it is! :wink: ), but I'll help where I can. :approve:

Snooker is on TV at the minute so i have little time too, any way i will enjoy my rum and coke:biggrin:

wolram said:
Snooker is on TV at the minute so i have little time too, any way i will enjoy my rum and coke:biggrin:
Many thanks for reminding me!

EDIT: It's always the same. I'd like Barry to win, he started with 2 won frames and since I am watching it ...

Last edited:
Silicon Waffle said:
What should we be wearing while working on the island ? And how about at night ?

Are there any vampires?

Garlic and wooden stakes keep the big ones away, but for the tiny ones you need DEET and nets.

Jeff Rosenbury said:
Are there any vampires?
Garlic and wooden stakes keep the big ones away, but for the tiny ones you need DEET and nets.
I need a big handsome vampire to suck the tiny devils out of me but have never met any so far. Everyone stays or hides away from me.

Silicon Waffle said:
I need a big handsome vampire to suck the tiny devils out of me but have never met any so far. Everyone stays or hides away from me.
I'm tall, but not handsome but i can pound the little devils out of you, then being on an island no more can get into you:cool:

Back