Realizing Your Full Knowledge: Appreciation From Others

In summary, the speaker feels like they are still a student, and their view on things will change once they have more experience or read more texts.
Simfish
Gold Member
After all, many of you have probably read/experienced dozens of books/papers/articles about many subjects. Not just science, but social science, whatever cultures you happen to be interested in, and the communities you grew up in. And of course, most people you talk to will only appreciate your knowledge of a small fraction of the total sum of all your knowledge (probably depending on your mutual interests, although most people have mutual interests that don't intersect very much as compared to the fraction of all their interests).

And I feel like this will only get bigger as I grow older and learn more.

Perhaps this feeling depends on how you want other people to see you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ya kinda but 98.9% of what I know is totally useless. Stuff like captain crunch and pogs...

YES. I feel like that all of the time.

I'm kind of the absent-minded professor, so most people assume I'm dumb, especially other smart people. (Well, I'm super lazy, too.) But they can't even recognize the depth of my mind or the extent of my undeveloped talent. It makes me sad. :(

Not that I think I'm all that, because I'm not.

It depends what you can do other than burger flipping after absorbing knowledge for years.

rootX said:
It depends what you can do other than burger flipping after absorbing knowledge for years.

I make a mean Subway sandwich. Come to my shop and I'll give you a discount. :P

I do and I don't really.

I will never fill the vessel I call my brain with all information available in the world. I don't like lots of attention really. Sooo.. It kind of suits me fine.

I am still a student too. I reckon my view on things will change once I got years of experience or read more texts as the OP mentioned! :)

Related to Realizing Your Full Knowledge: Appreciation From Others

1. What does it mean to realize your full knowledge?

Realizing your full knowledge means understanding and acknowledging your own strengths, weaknesses, and areas of expertise. It also involves actively seeking opportunities to share your knowledge with others and continuously learning and growing in your field.

2. How can I receive appreciation from others for my knowledge?

To receive appreciation from others for your knowledge, you should actively communicate and share your expertise with others. This can be through presentations, publications, or conversations. It is also important to be open to feedback and to acknowledge and thank those who appreciate your knowledge.

3. Why is it important to be recognized for my knowledge?

Being recognized for your knowledge can boost your self-confidence, motivate you to continue learning and sharing, and potentially open up new opportunities for collaboration or career advancement. It also allows you to contribute to the collective knowledge and growth of your field.

4. How can I continue to grow and expand my knowledge?

To continue growing and expanding your knowledge, you should actively seek out new learning opportunities such as attending conferences, workshops, or webinars, reading relevant publications, and networking with other experts in your field. It is also important to reflect on your own experiences and seek feedback from others.

5. What are some tips for effectively sharing my knowledge with others?

Some tips for effectively sharing your knowledge with others include being clear and concise in your communication, using examples and real-world applications to make your points more relatable, and being open to different perspectives and feedback. It is also important to be respectful and considerate of others' knowledge and expertise.