Quantitative analysis on wall street

In summary, there is a special NAFTA visa that makes it relatively easy for Canadians to work in professional jobs in the US, and it does not make a difference if one does grad school in the US.
Frzn
Hey just a question about the field, I understand most of the jobs are on wall street

if I'm a Canadian citizen is there any chance employers in the states would hire me, or is the paperwork too much? does it make a difference if i do grad school in the states? keep in mind I'm still in undergrad at a Canadian school :X

Physics news on Phys.org
Frzn said:
if I'm a Canadian citizen is there any chance employers in the states would hire me, or is the paperwork too much?

There is a special NAFTA visa that makes it relatively easy for Canadians to work in professional jobs in the US, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Does it make a difference if i do grad school in the states? keep in mind I'm still in undergrad at a Canadian school :X

Not really.

twofish-quant said:
There is a special NAFTA visa that makes it relatively easy for Canadians to work in professional jobs in the US, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Not really.

Thanks a lot for the info

Related to Quantitative analysis on wall street

What is quantitative analysis?

Quantitative analysis is a method of using mathematical and statistical models to analyze financial data and make investment decisions. It involves gathering and analyzing large amounts of data to identify patterns and trends in the market.

How is quantitative analysis used on Wall Street?

Quantitative analysis is used on Wall Street to inform investment strategies and decisions. It can help traders and investors make more accurate predictions about market movements and identify potential opportunities for profit.

What are the benefits of using quantitative analysis on Wall Street?

The benefits of using quantitative analysis on Wall Street include increased efficiency and accuracy in decision-making, reduced human bias, and the ability to process and analyze large amounts of data in a timely manner.

What are some common techniques used in quantitative analysis on Wall Street?

Some common techniques used in quantitative analysis on Wall Street include statistical analysis, machine learning, and algorithmic trading. These techniques help to identify patterns and trends in the market and make data-driven investment decisions.

What are the potential limitations of quantitative analysis on Wall Street?

Some potential limitations of quantitative analysis on Wall Street include the reliance on historical data, the potential for errors in modeling and data interpretation, and the inability to account for unexpected events or human emotions in the market.