Quadratic Conformal Mapping with Parameters | QP

In summary, the Python program uses the following mapping:- t*t*s*s*((1/4)*g+(1/4)*b+(1/4)*d+(1/4)*e)-(1/2)*t*t*s*g+(1/2)*s*s*g+- (1/2)*s*g-s*s*((1/4)*g+(1/4)*b+(1/4)*d+(1/4)*e)-t*t*((1/4)*g+(1/4)*b+- (1/4)*d+(1/4)*e)-(1/2)*t
benpaulthurston
I found this formula for doing a quadratic conformal map with parameters:
qts.PNG

I think there's probably a nice Einstein notation representation of this above but I haven't figured it out yet.. But anyway the mapping is like below:
qts2.png

I don't know enough about General Relativity to know how this would fit in exactly, but so far I've written a program in Python to do this with images:
conformala.png

Any comments are appreciated, thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
I guess I should have explained that Q in the above can be any of the X,Y,Z values it's the same formula for each, I've looked at some of the General Relativity formulas and it looked to me like it's a lot of effort to keep all the coordinate axis straight, this formula is the same for each coordinate axis separately so they can sort of be dealt with individually, but I'm not sure if that would help much or not...

If you want to have something you can copy and paste into a math program you can use this:
p = 1.0*((1/4)*b-(1/2)*s*b+(1/2)*s*s*b+(1/2)*t*t*d+(1/2)*t*d+(1/4)*e+(1/4)*g+
t*t*s*s*((1/4)*g+(1/4)*b+(1/4)*d+(1/4)*e)-(1/2)*t*t*s*g+(1/2)*s*s*g+
(1/2)*s*g-s*s*((1/4)*g+(1/4)*b+(1/4)*d+(1/4)*e)-t*t*((1/4)*g+(1/4)*b+
(1/4)*d+(1/4)*e)-(1/2)*t*t*s*s*e+(1/2)*t*s*s*e+(1/4)*t*s*f+(1/4)*t*s*s*f+
(1/4)*t*t*s*f+(1/4)*t*t*s*s*f-(1/4)*t*t*s*c-(1/4)*t*s*s*c+
(1/4)*t*t*s*s*c+(1/4)*t*s*c-(1/2)*t*t*s*s*g-(1/2)*t*e+(1/2)*t*t*e-
(1/2)*t*t*s*s*b+(1/2)*t*t*s*b+(1/4)*d-(1/2)*t*s*s*d-(1/2)*t*t*s*s*d+
(1/4)*t*t*s*s*a-(1/4)*t*s*a-(1/4)*t*t*s*a+(1/4)*t*s*s*a-(1/4)*t*s*s*h+
(1/4)*t*t*s*s*h+(1/4)*t*t*s*h-(1/4)*t*s*h)

The a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h are mapped like this:
conformal2.png

and s and t still range over -1..1

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-2_10-38-21.png
    upload_2016-1-2_10-38-21.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 422
I found this matrix way of writing it, but I'm not entirely happy with it unless maybe someone happens to know if this matrix A is used somewhere else:
m.PNG

a.PNG

qst.png

Sorry in the above I put 2 t*s^2 in the column vector, I'm now wondering if maybe I make that column vector and the row vector two 3x3 matrices and use the tensor product if that makes A something nicer...

Related to Quadratic Conformal Mapping with Parameters | QP

What is a quadratic conformal mapping?

A quadratic conformal mapping is a mathematical tool used to transform complex numbers onto a different complex plane while preserving the angles between curves. It is a special case of a conformal mapping, which means that it preserves both angles and shapes.

What are the parameters in quadratic conformal mapping?

The parameters in quadratic conformal mapping refer to the coefficients in the equation that defines the mapping. These coefficients determine the shape and orientation of the transformed complex plane. In QP, the parameters are typically represented by the letters a, b, c, and d.

How is quadratic conformal mapping used in science?

Quadratic conformal mapping has many applications in science, particularly in the fields of physics and engineering. It is used to transform complex problems into simpler ones, making them easier to solve. It is also used in the study of fluid dynamics, electromagnetism, and other areas of mathematics and science.

What is the difference between quadratic conformal mapping and linear conformal mapping?

The main difference between quadratic conformal mapping and linear conformal mapping is the degree of the polynomial used in their equations. Quadratic conformal mapping uses a polynomial of degree 2, while linear conformal mapping uses a polynomial of degree 1. This results in different types of transformations and different preservation properties.

Can quadratic conformal mapping be used for any complex function?

No, quadratic conformal mapping can only be used for certain types of complex functions that meet specific criteria. The function must be analytic and must have a nonzero derivative at every point. Additionally, the function must also be one-to-one, meaning that it has a unique output for every input.