Psychology Degree: Realist Perception in 2020

• Thread starter doey
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Psychology
In summary, the conversation discusses the perception of psychology as a "funny joke degree" and the idea that people are not necessarily tied down to their degree choice. The speaker also emphasizes the importance of using what one learns in a productive way, regardless of their chosen field. They also mention the role of self-preparation and question the assurance of a cushy life with a degree in engineering compared to pure physics.
doey
is that psychology consider as an "funny joke degree"?? in overwhelmingly majority of the realist on now instant of decade.

Physics news on Phys.org
Try that again with a complete thought

Woopydalan said:
Try that again with a complete thought

but that was true! i was nearly being dissuaded last time what was an college consultant told me.I was confounded totally

doey said:
is that psychology consider as an "funny joke degree"??

Many people do make a living with a psychology degree.

in overwhelmingly majority of the realist on now instant of decade.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. :confused:

doey said:
is that psychology consider as an "funny joke degree"?? in overwhelmingly majority of the realist on now instant of decade.

If you want to become a research or clinical psychologist it will take a lot of time and effort.

Also remember people aren't tied down to their degree choice: maybe some degrees like medicine but even people that take (and complete) engineering, and law degrees won't necessarily become engineers or lawyers.

Also in terms of 'joke' degrees, while I am biased towards technical degrees, it doesn't mean you won't learn anything useful. The most important thing you will do is to actually use what you learn in a productive way and this is by no means restricted to your choice of degree.

If you make use of what you have learned in a productive way, then in my mind you're already 3/4's there. Also this doesn't just mean in a job or career, this is for anything that comes up in your life.

jtbell said:
Many people do make a living with a psychology degree.
I have no idea what you are trying to say here. :confused:

beg pardon for my broken English,that means now decade of generation are trying to appointed and agree that what I stated above.

Last edited:
chiro said:
If you want to become a research or clinical psychologist it will take a lot of time and effort.

Also remember people aren't tied down to their degree choice: maybe some degrees like medicine but even people that take (and complete) engineering, and law degrees won't necessarily become engineers or lawyers.

Also in terms of 'joke' degrees, while I am biased towards technical degrees, it doesn't mean you won't learn anything useful. The most important thing you will do is to actually use what you learn in a productive way and this is by no means restricted to your choice of degree.

If you make use of what you have learned in a productive way, then in my mind you're already 3/4's there. Also this doesn't just mean in a job or career, this is for anything that comes up in your life.
get that,that mean I must have self-preparation on this, I may be a fisher man ,even come out with a law's degree holder.Seem it quite consider as playing on fate then I am wondering how they can so assure that they might live more cushy in choosing an engineering compare to pure physics :confused:

Related to Psychology Degree: Realist Perception in 2020

1. What is realist perception in psychology?

Realist perception is a theory in psychology that focuses on understanding how individuals perceive and interpret the world around them in a realistic manner. This theory suggests that people's perceptions are based on actual experiences and the information available to them, rather than being influenced by biases or distorted thinking.

2. How does realist perception impact our daily lives?

Realist perception can play a significant role in how we interact with others and make decisions. It can influence our beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors, as well as how we perceive and interpret events and situations. Understanding this theory can help us become more aware of our own perceptions and how they may differ from those of others.

3. What are some common misconceptions about realist perception?

Some people may mistakenly believe that realist perception means that everyone sees the world in the same way. However, this theory acknowledges that individuals have unique experiences and information that can shape their perceptions. Additionally, some may think that realist perception discounts the role of emotions, but it actually recognizes that emotions can influence how we perceive and interpret the world.

4. How does studying realist perception contribute to a psychology degree?

Studying realist perception can provide insight into how individuals make sense of the world around them and how this can impact their thoughts, behaviors, and relationships. This understanding can be applied in various areas of psychology, such as social psychology, cognitive psychology, and counseling, and can help professionals better understand and support their clients.

5. How has realist perception evolved in 2020?

As with any theory, realist perception continues to evolve as new research and information become available. In 2020, there has been a growing focus on the impact of technology and social media on our perceptions and how they may contribute to the development of mental health issues. There has also been a greater emphasis on the role of cultural influences in shaping our perceptions and understanding of reality.