Considering a tripple major

• Thread starter b.cosmic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Major
In summary, the conversation revolves around the speaker's interest in pursuing a PhD in physics with a focus on incorporating philosophy, psychology, cosmology, and astronomy. They hope to contribute to science and research a theory they have acquired, and are willing to devote their life to education. The other person in the conversation shares their own plans to pursue a degree in Mechanical Engineering. There is also a mention of astrology, which is dismissed as not being a serious topic in a science forum.
b.cosmic
Ive been considering a PhD in physics.( which is currently my major, 1st year CC (bred courses first lol) I'm very interested in philosophy, psychology, cosmology and astronomy. My ending result with obtained degrees of course, i want to be able to intertwine physics,astronomy,psychology and how there all related. i want to devote my life to finding out how they all relate to one another and how they show up in everyday life thought the knowledge we obtain. basically my life's goal is to be a contributer to science and research this theory i have acquired. Thus being a Sagittarius i want to apply it to the world around me(nouns) in the optimistic hopes it will change humanities perspective on how we view our home planet and the universe around us. I've come to the recollection in order to do such i will have to devote my life to education, and I'm okay with being a "professional student". should i go for a double/triple major? or Yes, I'm going to publish a book. and i placed in arithmetic as my starting math class, a little "rusty" but I'm willing to be a slave to a multitude of math classes.

help :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Im in the same boat, I am just not pursuing as much as you are. I am 28 and trying to learn the basics all over again, in order to pursue a degree in Mechanical Engineering. If this is something that seriously interests you and you can commit to all the schooling and student loans down the road then I would say go for it. You planning on doing all three majors simaltaneously? Or having breaks in between?

b.cosmic said:
Thus being a Sagittarius i want to apply it to the world around me(nouns) in the optimistic hopes it will change humanities perspective on how we view our home planet and the universe around us.
Astrology? This is a serious science forum. Please do not come here to troll.

Related to Considering a tripple major

1. What are the benefits of pursuing a triple major?

Pursuing a triple major allows you to gain a wide range of knowledge and skills in different fields, making you a well-rounded and versatile candidate for future career opportunities. It can also demonstrate your ability to handle a heavy workload and your dedication to learning.

2. What are the challenges of having a triple major?

Pursuing a triple major can be challenging as it requires a significant amount of time and effort to complete all the required coursework. Additionally, you may face difficulties in balancing your workload and managing your time effectively. It is important to carefully consider your abilities and commitments before deciding to pursue a triple major.

3. How can I manage the workload of a triple major?

Managing the workload of a triple major requires good time management skills and prioritization. It is important to create a schedule that allows you to allocate enough time for each major and to prioritize your tasks based on their deadlines and importance. Additionally, seeking help from advisors and professors can also be beneficial in managing your workload.

4. Will completing a triple major increase my job prospects?

Completing a triple major can certainly make you stand out to potential employers as it showcases your diverse knowledge and skills. However, it is important to note that job prospects also depend on other factors such as relevant experience, internships, and networking.

5. Can I customize my triple major to fit my specific interests?

Many universities offer the option to customize your triple major by choosing specific courses within each major that align with your interests. However, it is important to consult with your advisors to ensure that your customized triple major still meets all the requirements for graduation.