Post Symbols After Forum Format Change: Help!

• Thread starter dyn
  • Start date
In summary, after the forum changed its format, users are unable to use symbols in their posts and the thanks icon has disappeared. To insert a symbol, ensure the cursor is in the desired location or use the cut and paste function. The thanks button has been replaced with the LIKE link.
dyn
After the forum changed its format a while back I have been unable to use symbols in my posts. whenever I click in the symbols icon and then click the required symbol it goes right to the front of my post , not where I want to use it. What am I doing wrong ?
Also has the icon to say thanks for a reply disappeared ?

Physics news on Phys.org
dyn said:
After the forum changed its format a while back I have been unable to use symbols in my posts. whenever I click in the symbols icon and then click the required symbol it goes right to the front of my post , not where I want to use it. What am I doing wrong ?

Before you click on a particular symbol to insert in your thread, make sure the blinking cursor is located where you want the symbol to appear. You can also cut and paste symbols from one part of your post and move or copy to another part of the post. In Windows environments, these editing features are accessed by using the right-click button on the mouse.

Thanks I will try that next time. Do you know if the thanks icon has totally disappeared ?

dyn said:
Thanks I will try that next time. Do you know if the thanks icon has totally disappeared ?
Can't help you there. You might PM to Greg Bernhardt and ask him.

dyn said:
The thanks button is no more.

dyn said:
Use the LIKE link

Related to Post Symbols After Forum Format Change: Help!

What are post symbols and how are they affected by the forum format change?

Post symbols are the small icons or images that are displayed next to a user's post on a forum. They can represent different things, such as the user's status, the topic of the post, or the post's popularity. The forum format change may affect the appearance, placement, or availability of these symbols.

Why were the post symbols changed after the forum format change?

The post symbols may have been changed for a variety of reasons, such as updating the design of the forum, improving user experience, or addressing technical issues. The forum administrators may have also received feedback from users requesting a change in the post symbols.

Will the post symbols be changed back to their original design?

It is possible that the post symbols may be changed back to their original design in the future. However, this decision ultimately depends on the forum administrators and their goals for the forum. If users are unhappy with the new post symbols, they can provide feedback to the administrators and request a change.

Can users customize their own post symbols?

It depends on the forum and its features. Some forums may allow users to customize their post symbols, while others may have a set design for all users. If the forum allows customization, users may be able to select from a pre-set list of symbols or upload their own.

How can I provide feedback or suggestions about the post symbols after the forum format change?

If you have any feedback or suggestions about the post symbols, you can contact the forum administrators directly through their designated communication channels. This can include email, a contact form, or a designated feedback forum. You can also reach out to other users and discuss your thoughts on the post symbols in the forum's community.