Popular Physics & Math Books 2014 & 2015

In summary: Please do not download illegal books. Authors take great pain to write them. Have respect for their efforts.
RJ Emery
I seek comprehensive lists of the best or most recommended popular books on particle physics, astronomy, astrophysics, cosmology and mathematics published in 2014 and 2015. These lists should be freely accessible on the web and not hidden behind any paywall or limited to subscribers only. Besides the title and author, a short description of the book is desirable.

By popular, I mean non-technical. Simple equations or mathematical relations are fine, but no PDEs please!

In the past few years, a new generation of authors have emerged, and I do not know who is worth reading on the topics I have enumerated above.

Physics news on Phys.org
RJ Emery said:
I seek comprehensive lists of the best or most recommended popular books on particle physics, astronomy, astrophysics, cosmology and mathematics published in 2014 and 2015. These lists should be freely accessible on the web and not hidden behind any paywall or limited to subscribers only. Besides the title and author, a short description of the book is desirable.

By popular, I mean non-technical. Simple equations or mathematical relations are fine, but no PDEs please!

In the past few years, a new generation of authors have emerged, and I do not know who is worth reading on the topics I have enumerated above.

Generally speaking you can't download recent books legally for free. You can however download open source books for free. There are 2 websites for this. They are legal in most countries. You need to check if it's legal where you're located. I'm not aware about publishing date but there's always a filter to sort.
https://www.gutenberg.org/
https://archive.org/

Personally I'm a big fan of archive.org. They're doing an awesome job.
There are free books written by professors. They're written for students to study from. No pop science books.
Please do not download illegal books. Authors take great pain to write them. Have respect for their efforts.

@Giant : OP didn't ask for free BOOKS, but for free LISTS.

Giant said:
Woah. I'm sorry
Here you go. https://www.goodreads.com Goodreads is your friend here.

Thanks, but too general. I'm seeking popular books written by professional (Ph.D.) physicists, astrophysicists and astronomers in recent years. Authors whose books I have enjoyed in the past include Lawrence Krauss, Ray Jayawardhana, Frank Close, Michio Kaku, Alan Dressler, Ken Croswell and a number of others. Updated lists of books similar to what those authors wrote are of keen interest to me. Popular (non-quantitative) yes but serious science only, please, written for the layman.

Go to Amazon, put in titles of books of your quoted authors, and somewhere in the info about each book there is a section "people who bought this book also bought..." and that should lead to a high fraction of the sort of books that may interest you, plus several reviews by readers useful in telling you if they are books you want to read.

Been there, done that. Not a satisfactory solution.

I still seek book lists prepared preferably by scientific organizations for the topical areas previously mentioned.

Related to Popular Physics & Math Books 2014 & 2015

1. What are some popular physics and math books from 2014 and 2015?

Some of the most popular physics and math books from 2014 and 2015 include "The Big Picture: On the Origins of Life, Meaning, and the Universe Itself" by Sean Carroll, "Thinking, Fast and Slow" by Daniel Kahneman, "The Vital Question: Energy, Evolution, and the Origins of Complex Life" by Nick Lane, "The Grapes of Math: How Life Reflects Numbers and Numbers Reflect Life" by Alex Bellos, and "The Man Who Knew Infinity: A Life of the Genius Ramanujan" by Robert Kanigel.

2. What makes these books stand out in the field of popular physics and math literature?

These books stand out because they are written by renowned scientists and mathematicians and offer a unique perspective on complex topics. They also use engaging storytelling and relatable examples to make these concepts more accessible to a wider audience.

3. Are these books suitable for non-scientists?

Yes, these books are suitable for non-scientists as they do not require a strong background in physics or math. They are written in a way that is easy to understand and do not use technical jargon, making them accessible to a general audience.

4. Can these books be used for educational purposes?

While these books are not textbooks, they can be used as supplementary reading for educational purposes. They can provide a different perspective on familiar topics and spark curiosity and interest in science and math.

5. Are there any new concepts or theories discussed in these books?

Yes, these books often explore new concepts and theories in the fields of physics and math, providing readers with cutting-edge information and ideas. They also offer new interpretations and explanations of existing theories, making them a valuable resource for both scientists and non-scientists.