Play the Future Weapons Cannon Game

In summary, the game is a fun way to kill some time. It is an expanded flash game with different wind effects and grenades that bounce. The accuracy of the round before determines the scoring of the next round. The game is slow, but it is fun.
larkspur
I thought this was a fun game.
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/future-weapons/games/cannon/cannon.html"

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
larkspur said:
Oh, this is so cool!

larkspur said:

that is fun

I made it to round 10 score 80200

I going to try again--tomorrow

Heh, that's funny. Made it to round 9, 50800 score on first attempt. And it's tempting to try again right now... but I won't.

Finished, 173000...first attempt!

I got to round 9 the second time--score 58500

--the third time --made it to round 15 (end of game, no more rounds) with a score of 175100--

The accuracy of the round before determines the scoring of the next round--how the accuracy of centering in on the target may add, but the biggest factor is how many shots you have to fire in the previous round. In one of the first rounds, there were only three targets and I got them in four shots --score for hitting was multiplied by 10x100 in the next round. Other times when you have to take all 15 shots, there's no multiplying factor.---anyway --fun!--thanks for bringing it in!

kev1829 said:
Uncle Sam wants You! :biggrin:

Thanks, Larkspur. I just added that to my 'favourites' list.

I just blew up a entire nation and hit no targets, tho I suspect I hit a few goats.

Do whatever you want to with the goats... just leave my sheep alone!

Well, I'll be darned..the game acts as an effective cat accelerator, too.

:redface:It didn't help ..the sun was in my eyes and the wind was blowing hard, or I just really suck at this and should never be given a cannon.

Wow, a modern version of artillery. I liked the old dos version of this, apes throwing bananas.

kev1829 said:
169,900, ugh! The game is incredibly slow! :frown:

hypatia said:
:redface:It didn't help ..the sun was in my eyes and the wind was blowing hard, or I just really suck at this and should never be given a cannon.

describe what's going wrong---are you under shooting?

If you are, raise the elevation and put more speed on it

Last edited:
hypatia said:
You are too funny!

Integral said:
Wow, a modern version of artillery. I liked the old dos version of this, apes throwing bananas.

Now that you mention it, I think I saw this game on a graphical calculator (TI 83 or 83+, back in the days when that was the newest one :smile:)

I win!

154300 finished round 15. Got the rocket - second shot.

Related to Play the Future Weapons Cannon Game

1. What is the purpose of "Play the Future Weapons Cannon Game"?

The purpose of "Play the Future Weapons Cannon Game" is to provide a fun and interactive way for people to learn about various types of future weapons and their capabilities.

2. How does the game work?

The game requires players to use their strategic thinking skills to choose the most effective future weapons to defend against enemy attacks. Each weapon has different strengths and weaknesses, and players must use them wisely to successfully complete levels.

3. Is the game based on real weapons?

Yes, the game is based on real and hypothetical future weapons that are currently in development or being researched by scientists and the military.

4. Can players customize their weapons?

Yes, players can earn points and unlock upgrades for their weapons as they progress through the game. This allows them to customize their weapons and make them more powerful.

5. Is there a multiplayer option?

Currently, "Play the Future Weapons Cannon Game" is only available as a single player game. However, there may be plans to add a multiplayer option in the future.