PIC Micro: Get Serial Output from Byte Register

In summary, to get serial output from a register in a PIC microcontroller, you will need to study the specification sheet for the microcontroller and potentially make modifications to your code based on the available application notes and literature on serial communication.
hisham.i
Hello...
If i have a byte in a register in a PIC micro controller, how can i write a subroutine using ASSEMBLY which allows me to get serial output from this register to the output port of the micro controller?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Please study the specification sheet for the PIC microcontroller you are using, particularly about the serial communication module if you are using it.
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/30292c.pdf

Microchip has hosted several application notes of their microcontrollers. There is plenty of literature for different types of serial communication. You can take a look at the them and modify your code accordingly. Check this link:
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/00510e.pdf

Related to PIC Micro: Get Serial Output from Byte Register

1. What is a PIC microcontroller?

A PIC (Peripheral Interface Controller) microcontroller is a small computer chip that is commonly used in electronic devices to control various functions. It contains a central processing unit (CPU), memory, and input/output ports, making it a complete computing system on a single chip.

2. How can I get serial output from a byte register on a PIC microcontroller?

To get serial output from a byte register on a PIC microcontroller, you can use the USART (Universal Synchronous/Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter) module. This module allows for serial communication and can be configured to output data from a specific register in the microcontroller's memory.

3. Can I use any programming language to program a PIC microcontroller?

No, you cannot use any programming language to program a PIC microcontroller. The most commonly used programming language for PIC microcontrollers is assembly language, but there are also higher-level languages such as C and BASIC that are compatible with some PIC microcontrollers.

4. What is the purpose of a byte register on a PIC microcontroller?

A byte register on a PIC microcontroller is used to store and manipulate data. It is a small unit of memory that can hold 8 bits (1 byte) of information. This data can be used for various purposes, such as controlling outputs or storing sensor readings.

5. Are there any limitations to using a PIC microcontroller for serial output?

There are some limitations to using a PIC microcontroller for serial output, such as the maximum baud rate (bits per second) that can be achieved and the number of USART modules available on the microcontroller. Additionally, the amount of memory available on the microcontroller may limit the amount of data that can be transmitted via serial output.