Physics Challenge Problems on the internet?

In summary, the person is looking for resources to practice challenging physics problems for an upcoming exam. They mention wanting to use their time in Denmark to practice and ask if anyone knows of any online resources or practice books. They also mention the importance of building physical intuition and problem solving skills. They are directed to look for old exam papers and practice books online.
ApeXaviour
Next May, in my finals, there's an exam paper of just challenge problems. i.e. it'll be based on lower undergrad level physics but the questions will be very tricky. For example: http://www.tcd.ie/Local/Exam_Papers/2005/XP/XPY40015.pdf

In a couple of weeks I'm going to denmark for a few months to do my final year research project. I'd like to use some of the time I have there to get some practice in on these types of questions. I'd rather not drag my big old university physics mammoth hardback on the plane even if it does have some challenge probs. So was wonderin if anyone knew if there was a place on the interweb that has a bunch of questions if a similar ilk? This paper is the only one that's really worrying me next year. And building physical intuition / problem solving ability is never a bad thing really is it? :redface:

Cheers

Physics news on Phys.org
,AndyHi Andy, I think the best way to practice these types of challenge problems is to find some old exam papers or practice exams online and work through them. You can find a lot of old physics exam papers online from universities around the world. For example, here is a link to old physics exam papers from the University of Copenhagen: http://www.phys.ku.dk/uddannelser_eksamensforlob/efter_eksamenerne/fysik_examensopgaver/. You might also want to look for some practice books that are specifically designed for this type of problem. There are a few good ones out there that will give you lots of practice in solving challenging physics problems. Good luck with your studies!

There are definitely various websites and online resources available for physics challenge problems. Some popular options include Physics Stack Exchange, Khan Academy, and Physics Forums. These platforms offer a wide range of challenging physics problems and also allow you to interact with other students and experts in the field to discuss solutions and gain insights. Additionally, many universities also have online resources or forums specifically for their physics students, so it may be worth checking with your university if they have any resources available. Good luck with your final exams and research project! Building physical intuition and problem-solving skills will definitely benefit you in the long run.

Related to Physics Challenge Problems on the internet?

1. What are physics challenge problems?

Physics challenge problems are complex, open-ended questions that require critical thinking and problem-solving skills to solve. They are often used as a way to assess a person's understanding of physics concepts and their ability to apply them to real-world situations.

2. How do I find physics challenge problems on the internet?

There are many websites and online forums that offer physics challenge problems for practice. You can also search for specific topics or types of problems on search engines such as Google or YouTube. Additionally, there are online courses and textbooks that provide a variety of physics challenge problems for students to work on.

3. What is the purpose of solving physics challenge problems?

The main purpose of solving physics challenge problems is to improve one's understanding of physics concepts and their application. It also helps to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which are essential for success in the field of science and in everyday life. Additionally, solving physics challenge problems can be a fun and engaging way to learn and explore new concepts.

4. Are there any tips for solving physics challenge problems?

Some tips for solving physics challenge problems include understanding the problem and its requirements, breaking it down into smaller, more manageable parts, and using equations and principles learned in class to solve it. It is also helpful to draw diagrams or use visual aids to better understand the problem and its solution.

5. Are there any resources available for help with solving physics challenge problems?

Yes, there are various resources available online such as video tutorials, online forums, and study groups where students can discuss and receive help with solving physics challenge problems. Additionally, seeking help from a teacher or tutor can also be beneficial in understanding and solving these types of problems.