PF is Back! Hurray - Celebrate Our Return

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Business
In summary, the outage lasted about 10 hours and some strange ghost-like threads went through. The calls for help have started and the Mentor online is going to try and contact you.
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Woo-Hoo - PF is back! Whew!

Physics news on Phys.org
Whew! Though I was going to have to do work or something there in the meantime...:biggrin:

w00t!

Thanks Greg!

I was waiting almost 8 hours for that moment ;)

Some threads still can't be read, but it's mostly back. Not that I am addicted. :rolleyes:

Evo said:
Some threads still can't be read, but it's mostly back. Not that I am addicted. :rolleyes:

I can quit anytime I want.

I only checked in about five or six times through out the night and only PMed three people to ask if they were having the same problem.
I'm obviously not an addict.

How long was the outage?

Anybody mind explaining what happened?

Math Is Hard said:
How long was the outage?

I think I found it out at about 11 (PTS/our time) last night. I hadn't been on for a few hours by that point though.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I think I found it out at about 11 (PTS/our time) last night. I hadn't been on for a few hours by that point though.

Wow! I was actually studying and missed the whole thing.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7555/flowerdancepleaseal7.gif

Yay! PF works now!
I checked in this morning, and was a little cross, after refreshing didn't work.

Oh I'm not addicted as well but I can continue doing this => http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/46/typerhappydi6.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
When I switched my computer on latest posts were from 8:03 or something like that - my time. And the next one was around 17:50 my time, so it was about 10 hours.

Although I see there were several posts added in the meantime. Could be it was possible to post, but not possible to read. Whenever I tried to visit some thread there were no posts listed, but Quick reply windows was there - could be it was working.

Borek said:
Although I see there were several posts added in the meantime. Could be it was possible to post, but not possible to read. Whenever I tried to visit some thread there were no posts listed, but Quick reply windows was there - could be it was working.

No, I tried to post something in the Feedback forum about this and it didn't go through.
I received a message that said that I could not post something within 30 min of each other. The message is not there.

Borek said:

I didn't think of trying that. PMs worked. I was wondering what other features might be working.

Borek said:

~christina~ said:
No, I tried to post something in the Feedback forum about this and it didn't go through.
I received a message that said that I could not post something within 30 min of each other. The message is not there.
Some weird, ghost-like threads went through...with only the quick reply windows showing up. Check out, for example, the thread in Feedback started by neodevin.

lisab said:

I quit three times already this morning.

TheStatutoryApe said:
PMs worked.

I know, I have contacted the only Mentor online to check if it is just me or not.

lisab said:

I'm not a quitter.

I can read, but I can't post. Who should I contact?

jimmysnyder said:
I can read, but I can't post. Who should I contact?

You will receive a call from admin shortly. Stay by your phone.

Related to PF is Back! Hurray - Celebrate Our Return

1. What is "PF is Back! Hurray - Celebrate Our Return"?

"PF is Back! Hurray - Celebrate Our Return" is a campaign organized by the PF organization to celebrate their return to the community after a period of absence.

2. Why did PF leave the community?

PF had to leave the community due to financial constraints and lack of resources. However, they have now been able to secure funding and are ready to return.

3. What can we expect from PF's return?

With PF's return, you can expect a renewed focus on their mission to promote education and research in the field of science. They will also be organizing events and competitions to engage the community.

4. How can I get involved in PF's activities?

You can get involved in PF's activities by following them on social media, attending their events, and volunteering for their programs. You can also donate or become a member to support their cause.

5. When will PF officially be back in the community?

PF's official return date is still to be announced. However, they have already started planning and organizing their activities, so stay tuned for updates on their return.