Online repository of publication titles?

• Thread starter ozymandias
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Publication
In summary: Maybe that's why I find GS more useful.In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a comprehensive, online directory of science papers, including titles, authors, and abstracts. Suggestions for resources such as Scitation, SciFinder, INSPEC, and Google Scholar are mentioned, but none are completely comprehensive or free. It is suggested that a single resource for all science papers may not exist currently.
ozymandias
Hi everybody,

Is anyone here aware of a (free, if possible) online directory which lists all papers published in science? Not the papers themselves, of course, just the titles and authors, and if possible, abstracts. There are several tools online such as Scitation and SciFinder but they aren't comprehensive (Scitation for just the physical sciences, SciFinder for chemistry). Google Scholar isn't too hot either, as its spiders are banned from several large online publishers. I thought maybe some papers might have an RSS-feed sort of thing going on that I can track, but I can't seem to find such services wherever I looked.

Any suggestions?

------
Assaf
http://www.physicallyincorrect.com/"

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
AFAIK the most comprehensive ones are INSPEC and Web of Knowledge(which is the web interface to Science Citation Index Expanded and a few other databases). Neither is free.

I actually like Google Schoolar, at least it does a good job of finding papers in my field (solid state physics/quantum information processing) and also indexes the arXiv which is a big plus. At work I have acces to Web of Knowledge but rarely uses it.

Thank you. I've used INSPEC previously, but was hoping there would be something even more comprehensive :). Haven't used Web of Knowledge but I think we have a subscription here, so I'll look into it.--------
Assaf
http://www.physicallyincorrect.com/"

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt such a single resource exists right now.
The selection of fields is too broad... and how can you cover every journal? Can you even find a list of journals? I assume that you want only peer-reviewed papers... in English?
Unlike other resources, Google Scholar locates some titles from citations in other papers.

Related to Online repository of publication titles?

1. What is an online repository of publication titles?

An online repository of publication titles is a digital platform that stores and organizes a collection of published works. These can include academic articles, books, reports, and other forms of literature. It serves as a centralized database for researchers, students, and the general public to access and search for relevant publications.

2. How does an online repository of publication titles benefit researchers?

An online repository of publication titles provides researchers with easy access to a vast collection of published works, making their literature review process more efficient. It also allows for advanced search options, such as filtering by publication date, author, and keywords, to help researchers find relevant publications quickly.

3. Can anyone access an online repository of publication titles?

Yes, most online repositories of publication titles are open to the public, meaning anyone can access and search the database. However, some repositories may require users to create an account to access certain features or to download full-text versions of publications.

4. Are all publications available in an online repository of publication titles?

No, not all publications are available in an online repository. Some publications may be restricted due to copyright or licensing agreements, while others may not have been added to the repository yet. Additionally, some repositories may only include publications from a specific field or discipline.

5. How can I contribute my own publications to an online repository of publication titles?

Most online repositories of publication titles allow authors to self-submit their publications. You can typically do this by creating an account on the repository's website and following the submission guidelines. Some repositories may also accept submissions through email or other means. Make sure to check the repository's policies and guidelines before submitting your publications.