Old AP Physics tests / questions

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for past AP Physics C questions and solutions from the 1970's or 1980's to present. The original poster is looking for both Mechanics and E&M materials, while others are also seeking resources for the AP exam. Suggestions are given to search for review books or access free response questions on The College Board's website.
Knissp
Does anybody have the old AP Physics C questions and solutions from the 1970's or 1980's to present?
My teacher is giving us an midterm exam (mechanics) and said it would be helpful to study the past old tests. Also, if E&M is available, I wouldn't mind having that either, it wouldn't hurt to study more also for later. This could be a useful resource for everyone. Thanks to anyone who tries to help.

Physics news on Phys.org
AP Physics C Mechanics Multiple Choice

All of the past AP Physics C Mechanics free response questions are online through either AP Central, or a torrent. However, It's hard to find any past released multiple choice questions and solutions. Does anyone have them from any of the years? Could you make a torrent or a website where they could be downloaded? Or could you send them to my email at [email address removed by moderator] ? I'm preparing for the AP exam and am trying to get all the practice I can get. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am trying to get my hands on old exam materials too. Is there anything out there? Or any teacher who is willing to share some materials? Please message me.

Your best bet is to get one of the review books from a company like The College Board, Kaplan, Barron's, or The Princeton Review. They usually include some practice exams. If you do a search at Amazon for "AP Physics", you'll find many of these books.

You can also actual Free Response questions from previous tests at The College Board's website:

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/prep_free.html

EDIT: Moderator's note: Two similar threads have been moved, and moved to Academic Guidance.

Last edited:

I understand the importance of studying past exams and questions to prepare for upcoming exams. However, it is important to note that the AP Physics C exam has been updated multiple times since the 1970's and 1980's. The current exam format and content may differ significantly from the exams in previous decades. Therefore, it may be more beneficial to focus on studying the current exam format and content rather than relying on old exams.

That being said, if you are interested in looking at old AP Physics C exams for additional practice, you may be able to find them online through resources such as the College Board website or other educational websites. It may also be helpful to consult with your teacher or other students who have taken the exam in recent years for advice on how to best prepare.

Additionally, I would caution against solely relying on old exams as a study resource. It is important to also thoroughly understand the fundamental concepts and principles of physics in order to do well on the exam. Utilizing a variety of study materials, including textbooks, practice problems, and online resources, may be more beneficial in preparing for the exam.

In terms of obtaining old exams for the E&M portion, the same advice applies. It may be helpful to consult with your teacher or look for online resources, but keep in mind that the current exam format and content may have changed.

Overall, while studying past exams can be a useful tool, it is important to also focus on understanding the material and using a variety of study resources to prepare for the AP Physics C exam. Best of luck on your midterm and future exams!

Related to Old AP Physics tests / questions

1. What is the purpose of studying old AP Physics tests and questions?

Studying old AP Physics tests and questions can help students prepare for the current AP Physics exam by familiarizing them with the format and types of questions asked. It can also provide insight into the level of difficulty of the exam and help students identify areas they need to focus on.

2. Is it beneficial to study questions from previous years or should I only focus on the most recent exam?

Studying questions from previous years can be beneficial as it allows students to see patterns in the types of questions asked and can help them identify common topics that are frequently tested. However, students should also focus on the most recent exam as the content and format may have changed.

3. Are the questions on old AP Physics tests still relevant?

Yes, the questions on old AP Physics tests are still relevant as the fundamental principles of physics do not change. However, the specific topics and examples may vary from year to year.

4. How can I access old AP Physics tests and questions?

Old AP Physics tests and questions can be found on the College Board website or through other online resources. Some schools may also have copies of old exams that students can use for practice.

5. Should I use old AP Physics tests as my only source of study material?

No, it is not recommended to solely rely on old AP Physics tests as a study material. It is important to also review class notes, textbooks, and other resources to fully understand the concepts and topics covered on the exam.