Old AP Physics C Exams: Finding Multiple Choice Sections

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for old multiple choice exams to study from for the upcoming AP Physics C exam. However, it is mentioned that these exams are copyrighted and difficult to find. Suggestions are given to check out review books from the library or borrow from a friend, or to visit the College Board website for sample questions and released "free-response" questions. The speaker also wishes the person good luck on the test.
mahtiyar
Hey everyone... since the AP Physics C Exam is coming up next monday I was looking for old exams online (multiple choice exams) to study from. I've been searching for days and haven't come up with anything. Does anyone know where I can find old multiple choice sections of the AP Physics C Exam.

Physics news on Phys.org
You won't find them. The exams are copyrighted material and Collegeboard is typically very strict about unauthorized duplication.

If you want practice tests, check out one of the Princeton Review books or Barron's books from the library or borrow one from a friend or buy one from the store. Maybe your school's counseling department will have a copy that they will allow you to borrow (or at least photocopy).

Good luck with the test! I took it last year. I didn't think it was all that bad.

cookiemonster

Go to apcentral.collegeboard.com You can get samples of questions, and I believe some of the released "free-response" questions are open to viewing for students. As a teacher, I have acess to them, but I can't tell if it is a restricted area.

Related to Old AP Physics C Exams: Finding Multiple Choice Sections

1. What is the format of the multiple choice section on old AP Physics C exams?

The multiple choice section on old AP Physics C exams consists of 35 questions, with 5 answer choices for each question. The questions cover a variety of topics, including mechanics, electricity and magnetism, and calculus-based physics.

2. How much time is allotted for the multiple choice section on old AP Physics C exams?

Students have 45 minutes to complete the multiple choice section on old AP Physics C exams. This section is typically administered first, followed by the free-response section.

3. Are calculators allowed on the multiple choice section of old AP Physics C exams?

Yes, calculators are allowed on the multiple choice section of old AP Physics C exams. However, it is important to note that the use of a calculator is not necessary for solving all of the questions and some questions specifically prohibit the use of calculators.

4. How are points awarded for the multiple choice section on old AP Physics C exams?

Each question on the multiple choice section is worth 1 point, so the total possible points for this section is 35. There is no penalty for incorrect answers, so it is beneficial to make an educated guess if you are unsure of the correct answer.

5. Can students skip questions on the multiple choice section of old AP Physics C exams?

Yes, students are allowed to skip questions on the multiple choice section of old AP Physics C exams and return to them later. However, it is important to manage your time effectively and not spend too much time on one question, as all questions are worth the same amount of points.