Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Nominations for MHB Advanced Algebra Award

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
This is for the user that demonstrates an ability to make insightful posts and give solid help aimed at achieving our goal of aiding others to acquire a deeper level of knowledge in our Linear and Abstract Algebra sub-forum. Nominations must be seconded by someone to make voting round.

Please keep in mind that Opalg won this award last round and is not eligible to win this time.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I nominate Deveno for this award. He has written a veritable textbook of information on this topic for MHB.

anemone

MHB POTW Director
Staff member
Feb 14, 2012
I second the nomination!

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012
Third for Deveno.

Peter

MHB Site Helper
Jun 22, 2012
Third for Deveno.
I also nominate Deveno - his depth of knowledge is breathtaking, his pedagogical ability is excellent and he is extremely generous in the time and patience he has in helping forum members

Peter

mente oscura

Nov 29, 2013
I nominate
mathbalarka.

DreamWeaver

Sep 16, 2013

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
First thing first, I am not one of the staffs here so not blue-named.

Second, I don't deserve this award since I have only posted actively here for just a few months, and that's not enough to be awarded.

Third, I didn't help anyone in abstract algebra or in linear algebra here.

Fourth, and most importantly, I am NOT going to betray MMF! I am good with the greens there. :D

So, thanks for all the 1 + 2 + 3/4 or 3.75-dations all, but I withdraw my nomination and second Deveno by handovering the 3.75 points from mente and DW.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
First thing first, I am not one of the staffs here so not blue-named.

Second, I don't deserve this award since I have only posted actively here for just a few months, and that's not enough to be awarded.

Third, I didn't help anyone in abstract algebra or in linear algebra here.

Fourth, and most importantly, I am NOT going to betray MMF! I am good with the greens there. :D

So, thanks for all the 1 + 2 + 3/4 or 3.75-dations all, but I withdraw my nomination and second Deveno by handovering the 3.75 points from mente and DW.
Hey Balarka,

You are free to decline the nomination if you wish, but for what it's worth, I see no problem with your being nominated based on participation in the last six months.

Also, I truly hope you do not see your participation here as any kind of betrayal to another site. I am staff at both sites, and have been able to do so with no conflict of interest. We are competitors, but not adversaries. :D

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
MarkFL said:
You are free to decline the nomination if you wish, but for what it's worth, I see no problem with your being nominated based on participation in the last six months.
No, really, it is unethical to get nominated for something I didn't do, as per my third point. We will see if we consider any Number Theory award next time!

MarkFL said:
Also, I truly hope you do not see your participation here as any kind of betrayal to another site
I was simply joking. (Although MMF and MHB are competitors, no? And I am in sides with MMF (Bandit) Perish, all the betrayers of MMF! (Rofl))

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
No, really, it is unethical to get nominated for something I didn't do, as per my third point. We will see if we consider any Number Theory award next time!
I see no ethical issues arising from being nominated by others. As we grow, I am sure we will get more number theory questions, and then you will have more chances to shine with your favorite branch of mathematics! :D

I was simply joking. (Although MMF and MHB are competitors, no? And I am in sides with MMF (Bandit) Perish, all the betrayers of MMF! (Rofl))
Okay, but I just wanted it to be clear that participation at one site is not a betrayal of the other, at least not to me.

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
MarkFL said:
As we grow, I am sure we will get more number theory questions, and then you will have more chances to shine with your favorite branch of mathematics! :D
Yes! Lots of blue-sky NT discussion and that award has my name in it! (Evilgrin)

MarkFL said:
Okay, but I just wanted it to be clear that participation at one site is not a betrayal of the other, at least not to me.
I understand that. As I said, I was simply joking.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I nominate Turgul.

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012

Prove It

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
What's MMF?

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
What's MMF?
Another math forum. If you want to know the name then you can PM me or mathbalarka. This thread isn't meant for this topic and we've gotten a bit sidetracked (not your fault at all).

Status
Not open for further replies.