New Year's Resolution: Start a Physics Master's Journal

• Thread starter Kalimaa23
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Journal
In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's plans to start a journal in the new year, where they will document their pursuit of a master's degree in physics, efforts to gain political power at their university, and their social life. There is also mention of potentially creating a movie about their experiences.
Kalimaa23
Well, a new year seems like a good time to start a journal, so ...

https://www.physicsforums.com/journal.php?s=&journalid=968&action=view

Watch this space as I struggle to get my master's degree in physics, strife to dominate my university politically, rise to power in my student fraternity and try to make sense of my social life :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It will be wonderful following your rise to power. :smile: Don't forget we need new pictures of you for the calendar. :-p

Last edited:
LOL, I'll try and get you some later this week :smile:

we should make a movie afterwards about it, it would make one hell of a movie

Related to New Year's Resolution: Start a Physics Master's Journal

1. What is a Physics Master's Journal?

A Physics Master's Journal is a written record of a graduate student's research and experiments in the field of physics. It documents their findings, methodologies, and interpretations in a structured and detailed manner.

2. How is a Physics Master's Journal different from a regular journal?

A Physics Master's Journal is specifically tailored to document a student's research and progress in their master's program. It focuses on scientific methods, data analysis, and theoretical concepts, while a regular journal may contain personal thoughts, reflections, and experiences.

3. Why is it important to start a Physics Master's Journal?

Starting a Physics Master's Journal is crucial for a graduate student as it serves as a comprehensive record of their work. It allows them to reflect on their progress, track their achievements, and identify areas for improvement. It also serves as a useful reference for future research and publications.

4. What should be included in a Physics Master's Journal?

A Physics Master's Journal should include a clear and concise research question, a detailed methodology, data analysis and results, and a discussion of the findings. It should also include any challenges faced during the research and potential solutions. Additionally, it should have references to relevant literature and any future research plans.

5. How often should a Physics Master's Journal be updated?

The frequency of updates to a Physics Master's Journal may vary depending on the individual's research project. However, it is recommended to update the journal regularly, at least once a week, to ensure all progress and findings are accurately documented. This also allows for better organization and reflection on the research process.