Need help on designs of Fettucini Bridge, by Thursday

• Thread starter RUP2006
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bridge
In summary, The conversation is about a Fettucini Bridge project where the goal is to hold more than 3 kilograms using only 20 fettucini and 1 meter of masking tape. The person is seeking advice and resources for the project, with the main suggestion being to test and improve the design through trial and error. The conversation ends with a thank you and the mention of a deadline for the project.
RUP2006
Hi!
I'm currently doing a Fettucini Bridge project...

The material allowed:
20 Fettucini
1 meter of masking tape

Purpose:
to hold more then 3 kilograms

Please Help me~~~~
I need the replies by Thursdays.
Thanks to anyone who takes time to read this message.

Actual pictures are perfered...

Physics news on Phys.org
I had a similar project a few weeks ago. I didn't do too well on it... :frown:

The only advice anyone can give you is test, test and test! Make lots of bridge designs, testing them with weight, and then fix the sections that are the weakest. The more you do this, the better your bridge. Don't just do one design, you'll want to try many.

That being said, you can still have a look around for some basic bridge designs. Read through these sites:

http://www.42explore.com/bridge.htm
http://abcdpittsburgh.org/kids/kids.htm

They give some basic principles for strong bridges, which you can apply to your bridge.

Good luck!

Andy
AMW Bonfire

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much fore replying...
However, I don't have time now, since its due tomorrow.

Related to Need help on designs of Fettucini Bridge, by Thursday

1. What is a Fettucini Bridge?

A Fettucini Bridge is a type of bridge design that is named after the Italian pasta, fettucini, because of its similar shape. It is a truss bridge made up of thin, flat pieces of material that are connected with joints or pins.

2. How does a Fettucini Bridge work?

A Fettucini Bridge works by distributing the weight of the structure evenly through the truss design. The truss design allows for tension and compression forces to be evenly distributed, making the bridge strong and stable.

3. What materials are typically used to build a Fettucini Bridge?

The materials used to build a Fettucini Bridge can vary, but typically include wooden or metal sticks, toothpicks, or spaghetti noodles. These materials are lightweight and can easily be manipulated to create the truss design needed for the bridge.

4. What are the main challenges in designing a Fettucini Bridge?

The main challenges in designing a Fettucini Bridge include ensuring that the truss design is strong enough to support the weight of the structure, while also being aesthetically pleasing. Additionally, the materials used must be able to withstand the forces that will be placed upon them, such as tension and compression.

5. How can I improve my Fettucini Bridge design?

There are several ways to improve your Fettucini Bridge design. One way is to research and study different truss designs to see which ones are the strongest and most efficient. You can also experiment with different materials and techniques to see what works best for your specific design. Additionally, seeking feedback and advice from others, such as engineers or experienced bridge builders, can also help improve your design.