Modern Physics Books: Textbooks for Physics Majors

In summary, modern physics textbooks for physics majors cover a wide range of topics including quantum mechanics, relativity, particle physics, condensed matter physics, and cosmology. They are typically designed for students who have completed introductory courses and can be used as reference materials for research. These textbooks also include practical applications of modern physics and there are recommended textbooks for specific subfields within the subject.
asdf1
If a person were a physics major, what books or textbooks would that person read?

Physics news on Phys.org
hello, i reading cosmo-evolution, quantum physics, supertring theory, hopfully I am not hanging my body on a string, that's why i read supertring theory

u can search amazon for that person's interested books.

op, you like
The Direction of Time by hans reichenbech
real-time collisiondetection by christer ericson
??

Great calc-based university physics textbook:

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Modern Physics Books: Textbooks for Physics Majors

1. What topics are typically covered in modern physics textbooks for physics majors?

Modern physics textbooks for physics majors cover a wide range of topics, including quantum mechanics, relativity, particle physics, condensed matter physics, and cosmology.

2. Are these textbooks suitable for beginners in physics?

Modern physics textbooks for physics majors are typically designed for students who have already completed introductory courses in physics and have a strong understanding of mathematics and scientific principles.

3. Can these textbooks be used as reference materials for research?

Yes, modern physics textbooks for physics majors are often used as reference materials for research as they provide in-depth explanations and analyses of complex topics in modern physics.

4. Do these textbooks include practical applications of modern physics?

Yes, modern physics textbooks for physics majors often include examples and applications of modern physics concepts in real-world scenarios, such as in technology and engineering.

5. Are there any recommended textbooks for specific subfields within modern physics?

Yes, there are recommended textbooks for specific subfields within modern physics, such as "Introduction to Elementary Particles" by David Griffiths for particle physics and "Introduction to Quantum Mechanics" by David J. Griffiths for quantum mechanics.