Middle aged student of all sciences and trades

In summary, middle-aged students are able to pursue a variety of sciences and trades due to the abundance of educational opportunities available. These students bring a unique perspective and life experience to their studies, making them valuable contributors to the academic community. With the right support and resources, middle-aged students can successfully navigate their educational journey and achieve their career goals in various fields of science and trade.
doggonemess
Greetings, my name is Jamie. I'm a web developer in Maryland, working for a community college. I've been interested in science my entire life, and love learning new things. I graduated HS in 1995, and have managed to forget just about everything I learned about math, so it unfortunately limits my understanding of the more advanced sciences. Nevertheless, I still like reading about new discoveries and watching documentaries on all sorts of subjects.

I also practice applied physics, but just in the brute-force definition - I am an amateur blacksmith. I've been doing it for four years now, and it's my favorite hobby; I'd do it for a living if I could. I also like to make longbows, swords, spears, arrows, various tools and knickknacks and some light leather working. One of my projects right now is a model of the USS Constellation, made of metal. I'm a big fan of irony as well.

On the other side of things, I'm a computer nerd, love gaming and simulation. Right now Kerbal Space Program is eating up too much of my free time.

Thanks for welcoming me!
Jamie

Likes Fervent Freyja and Russell-on-the-creek
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Jamie, Welcome to PF! With your interests I think you're in the right place!

doggonemess said:
I'm a big fan of irony as well.
LOL. Welcome to the PF! :smile:

Likes Russell-on-the-creek and S.G. Janssens