Mathematica: Compare 3D Graphs with Plot3D Command

In summary, the conversation discusses using Mathematica's "Plot3D" command to show the difference between two 3D graphs. The suggestion is made to create a new function for the difference and plot it using "Plot3D". The conversation also includes a link to examples of using "Plot3D".
es.no

Homework Statement

I draw two 3D graphs in Mathematica by using the "Plot3D "and I want to Show the difference between these two graphs. Can anyone tell me what command should I use?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
jedishrfu said:
Can't you just make a new function which is the difference of your other two functions and then plot it via plot3d?

Here's some examples of using plot3d

http://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Plot3D.html
Thank you so much, this is something I needed. and I defined a new function which is difference of my two first function, like this (( a:= my first function and b:=my second function & c=a-b )) . I hope it works now.

Related to Mathematica: Compare 3D Graphs with Plot3D Command

1. What is Mathematica?

Mathematica is a computational software program used for mathematical, scientific, and engineering calculations. It allows users to perform calculations, create graphs and visualizations, and solve complex equations and systems.

2. How do I compare 3D graphs using the Plot3D command in Mathematica?

To compare 3D graphs using the Plot3D command, you first need to define the functions or data sets you want to plot. Then, use the Plot3D command with the desired options and parameters, such as color and style, to create the graphs. Finally, use the Show command to display the graphs side by side for comparison.

3. Can I customize the appearance of the 3D graphs?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of 3D graphs using various options and parameters in the Plot3D command. These include changing the color, style, and labeling of the graph, as well as adding axes and legends.

4. Is it possible to compare more than three 3D graphs?

Yes, it is possible to compare more than three 3D graphs using the Plot3D and Show commands. You can plot multiple functions or data sets and display them side by side for comparison.

5. Can I save the comparison of 3D graphs for future use?

Yes, you can save the comparison of 3D graphs in Mathematica for future use. You can either save the entire notebook or save the graphs as separate image files. This allows you to revisit and edit the graphs later on if needed.