Math in Moscow: Number of students per semester

In summary, the "Math in Moscow" program varies in enrollment each semester, with an average of 40-50 students. It is a popular program among students due to its rigorous training and reputation, and it accepts students from all over the world, with a majority coming from Europe and North America. The admission process is highly competitive, with a focus on mathematics and proficiency in Russian. The program stands out for its unique focus on mathematics and research, as well as its opportunity for cultural immersion and language study in a renowned mathematical center.
REU Person
I'm looking into the Math in Moscow and have a very simple question which I can't seem to find answered online:

Roughly how many students participate in the Math in Moscow program in a given semester?

Physics news on Phys.org
This is a super niche question. You're better off contacting the program. Try here http://www.ams.org/programs/travel-grants/mimoscow

It looks like about ~10 or so. I was considering that program as well, although I think that Budapest looks better (current political climate, budapest is more well attended, etc)

Related to Math in Moscow: Number of students per semester

1. How many students are enrolled in the "Math in Moscow" program per semester?

The number of students enrolled in the "Math in Moscow" program varies per semester, but on average there are around 40-50 students per semester.

2. Is "Math in Moscow" a popular program among students?

Yes, "Math in Moscow" is a highly sought-after program among students due to its reputation for rigorous mathematical training and the opportunity to study in a renowned mathematical center.

3. Are students from all over the world accepted into the "Math in Moscow" program?

Yes, the "Math in Moscow" program accepts students from all over the world. However, the majority of students come from Europe and North America.

4. How competitive is the admission process for the "Math in Moscow" program?

The admission process for the "Math in Moscow" program is highly competitive, as it is a prestigious program with limited spots available. Applicants are typically required to have a strong background in mathematics and a high level of proficiency in Russian.

5. What makes the "Math in Moscow" program unique compared to other study abroad programs?

The "Math in Moscow" program is unique in its focus on mathematics, with a curriculum designed by leading mathematicians and a strong emphasis on research. Additionally, students have the opportunity to experience a different culture and immerse themselves in the Russian language while studying in a renowned mathematical center.