Masters which aren't strict

• Thread starter mastersurms
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Masters
In summary, the speaker graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering in 2014 but is struggling to find a job in their third world country due to high competition. They are now looking to pursue a Masters degree in the UK, USA or Australia and are seeking advice on universities with high acceptance rates and potential ways to lower tuition fees through scholarships or contacting professors for research opportunities.
mastersurms
I graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering in 2014. I live currently in a third world country where the job situation is bad. To top it off, I didn't do really well in school because of extremely high competition. I tried to get a job but it was futile.

Now I want to do Masters from UK, USA or Australia. Anyone know of a university with decent acceptance rate? Also if I get accepted, do people really pay the full tuition fee they listed on their site or are the fees lowered when you get in?

Any input will be appreciated

Best

Physics news on Phys.org
There are scholarships, fellowships, etc. you can apply to online to help you pay. Maybe you can email the department you are applying to for info.

EDIT: You may also want to go over the webpages of the profs in your department of interest and go over their research, then, if you find something that interests you, contact them and see if you can work with them or at least make contact with someone in the school.

Last edited:
There are places with liberal admissions policies. There are places where most or all students are financially supported. But there are very few places where both of those happen.

Related to Masters which aren't strict

1. What is the definition of a "master which isn't strict"?

A "master which isn't strict" refers to a graduate program or degree that does not have strict or rigid requirements for completion. This could include flexible course options, opportunities for independent research, or a more relaxed timeline for completion.

2. What are the benefits of pursuing a "master which isn't strict"?

The benefits of pursuing a "master which isn't strict" include the ability to tailor your education to your specific interests and goals, as well as the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through independent research or internships. It can also provide a more relaxed and less stressful learning environment.

3. Are there any downsides to choosing a "master which isn't strict"?

While there are many potential benefits, there can also be some downsides to choosing a "master which isn't strict." These may include a lack of structure and guidance, potential for longer completion times, and difficulty in meeting certain program requirements for future career paths.

4. How can I determine if a "master which isn't strict" is right for me?

To determine if a "master which isn't strict" is the best fit for you, it's important to carefully consider your goals, learning style, and personal preferences. Research different programs and talk to current students or alumni to get a better understanding of the program's structure and expectations.

5. Can I still pursue a "master which isn't strict" if I have a specific career path in mind?

Yes, it is possible to pursue a "master which isn't strict" while still having a specific career path in mind. However, it's important to carefully consider how the program aligns with your goals and whether it will provide you with the necessary skills and experience for your desired career. It may also be helpful to discuss your plans with a career advisor or mentor to ensure you are making the best decision for your future.