Map of COVID-19 cases and deaths

In summary: Globally but not in the UK, for the first time since March we have hit over 300 deaths in a 24 hour period. We had been steady at about 120 deaths per day for weeks. A funny time to be getting the data in though, New Year, holidays, weekend.See in a few days when everyone is back.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
  • Informative
  • Sad
Likes pinball1970, nsaspook, Vanadium 50 and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
When you wrote map, I was thinking more of a world map. This is only particular to the US @/or A.

• Sad
Likes dlgoff
For global comparisons this is still a very useful site - you can sort on any of the parameters there and can click on any country to see data specific to it.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Informative
Likes dlgoff, berkeman and mcastillo356
StevieTNZ said:
When you wrote map, I was thinking more of a world map. This is only particular to the US @/or A.
Evidently you didn't read what I said
Scroll down to the bottom to see the US map.

Likes Vanadium 50
dlgoff said:
Evidently you didn't read what I said
Actually I did. Telling me there is a US map at the bottom of the page doesn't mean there are no other maps. You should have said US @/or A from the get go. plane @ simple

• Skeptical
Likes dlgoff
StevieTNZ said:
Actually I did. Telling me there is a US map at the bottom of the page doesn't mean there are no other maps. You should have said US @/or A from the get go. plane @ simple
so you must have missed:
Scroll down to the bottom to see the US map.

StevieTNZ said:
Telling me there is a US map at the bottom of the page doesn't mean there are no other maps.
What are you talking about? I only posted one map. :oldmad:

nsaspook said:
Cases are increasing, deaths are decreasing. Hope that trend continues.
Well, what would really be better would be for BOTH to decrease !

Likes russ_watters, sysprog, nsaspook and 2 others
nsaspook said:
Cases are increasing, deaths are decreasing. Hope that trend continues.
Globally but not in the UK, for the first time since March we have hit over 300 deaths in a 24 hour period. We had been steady at about 120 deaths per day for weeks.
A funny time to be getting the data in though, New Year, holidays, weekend.
See in a few days when everyone is back.

Likes dlgoff

Related to Map of COVID-19 cases and deaths

1. What is a "Map of COVID-19 cases and deaths"?

A "Map of COVID-19 cases and deaths" is a visual representation of the current distribution and severity of the COVID-19 virus. It displays the number of confirmed cases and deaths in different geographic locations, usually countries or states, to provide a better understanding of the spread and impact of the virus.

2. How is the data for the map collected?

The data for the map is collected from reliable sources such as government agencies, health organizations, and news outlets. It is constantly updated and verified to ensure accuracy.

3. Are there any limitations to the map?

Yes, there are some limitations to the map. It may not accurately represent the actual number of cases and deaths due to variations in testing and reporting methods across different regions. Additionally, the data may not reflect the current situation as there may be a delay in reporting.

4. How can the map be useful?

The map can be useful in several ways. It can help identify areas with high infection rates, track the spread of the virus over time, and inform public health policies and interventions. It can also raise awareness and promote understanding of the global impact of COVID-19.

5. Can individuals use the map to protect themselves from COVID-19?

While the map can provide valuable information, it should not be the sole basis for individuals to protect themselves from COVID-19. It is important to follow guidelines and recommendations from health authorities, such as wearing masks, practicing social distancing, and frequent hand washing, to reduce the risk of infection.